Printing projects our dreams and ideas to another level before the world. While talking about printers, there come diverse ideas in our minds. But, when we add ‘3D’ with the ‘Printer’, many of us will be wondering what precisely this is. It is because 3D printers are not something that we see in our everyday life or at everyone’s place. This is not rare either.
3D printers are not new. It was invented during the year 1986 by Chuck Hull who held its patent. 3D printers are mainly used in automobile and aerospace agencies or by some multinational companies to build their models or small machinery parts that save a lot of costs, although, with the advancement of technology, we can see many budget 3D printers that you can buy for your works.
3D printers print a 3-dimensional view of an object that you would want to study or keep from a digital file. These printers have become useful in many sectors as engineering, computer science, mechanics, and many more. Currently, 9 technologies are being used for 3D printers, two of which are more popular for domestic use:
- FDM: Fused Deposition Modeling.
- SLM: Stereo Lithography Modeling.
The first technology, FDM or Fused Deposition Modelling, is the most common and least expensive technology that most of the users use for domestic purposes. Due to the cheap price, it becomes more affordable and you can get high-quality prints at such a low price. And, the second most popular technology for domestic 3D printers is SLM or Stereo Lithography Modeling.
So, you can be parents interested in printing toys or an educator who just simply wants to teach students more efficiently, or just a person who finds passion in designing 3D models, these printers are a dream-come-true for you. In this list, we have picked the best 3D printers in India with a detailed report on why you should buy these. Don’t forget to read the guide before buying 3D printers. So, let’s get started.
Editor's Picks: 4 of the Top 3D Printer Brands In IndiaTable could not be displayed.
5 Best 3D Printers In India Reviewed
1. WOL3D UPGRADED Creality Ender 3 DIY3D Printer
The first on our list is the WOL3D UPGRADED Creality Ender 3 DIY 3D printer. This is a very smooth 3D printer and one of the most sought-after in India. This is very suitable for domestic use and you can print miniature models and projects without any trouble. It takes very less time to print a model. This printer uses PLA and ABS as printing material. The printing cost is also very low.
- Design and Print Quality: This DIY printer is designed with all modern technology which gives you a hassle-free printing experience with the highest printing quality. The Prusa i3 frame with V-Slot design comes with POM wheels which minimize the printing sound.
The one-piece structure of the printer has a big printing base. This gives a very great printing size and smooth printing delivery. The hotbed takes only 5 minutes to reach 110℃. The power supply is very safe. You are also provided with additional power cut protection functions. It helps the printer in fast heating with a long-time printing guarantee.
Y-Rail mounting of the printer ensures the right position of printing. This is a very great feature that you get along with this printer to get precise printings. It also keeps the frame very stable to ensure hassle-free printing experience. This printer also comes with an upgraded extruder which reduces the plugging risk
- Resume Function: What we liked about the printer most is that it comes with the Resume function. This feature is very useful. Suppose, you’re in the middle of printing something and your printing is under-process. This is when a power cut occurs and your printer stops. The resume function in this printer helps the printing process. When the power supply restarts, the printer starts printing from where it left. This option is very useful that makes this printer one of the best 3D printers in India.
- Nozzle Size: This printer can print very fast. Despite having a single nozzle size of 0.4mm, this printer can print high-accuracy of 0.1mm. With WOL3D, you can expect a maximum speed of 180mm/sec with this printer.
- Easy to Assemble: You get this printer unassembled from the seller. However, detailed guidelines have been provided. So, all you have to do is to follow the manual and you’ll be able to install this printer very easily. It takes a maximum of 2 hours to get it installed. The installation process is very simple. So, you don’t need to be a tech-savvy person. By following the guidelines, anyone will be able to fix it. The weight of the printer is around 7Kgs.
- High-printing quality
- Easy to assemble
- Nozzle size is 0.4mm which delivers great printing
- Can't produce large products
2. WOL3D Ender 3 Original DIY 3D Printer
WOL3D’s Ender 3 Original DIY 3D printer with Resume Function is another top choice in our list of top budget printers in India. This printer has almost the same specifications as of the earlier one from WOL3D. Although certain extra added features make it a little costlier than the earlier one. This printer uses FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) technology for printing.
- Design and Print Quality: This printer has almost the same design as the previous printer. The printer is made with high-technological supports. The i3 frame with a V-shaped base gives it stability. The V-Slot design comes with a POM wheeler that makes it more durable and minimizes noise.
The surface plate is made of the magnet which provides more protection to your 3D printer build plate. It also balances proper temperature throughout the build plate that helps in printing models smoothly. You can easily remove the model after the cooling of the plate.
The one-piece structure of the printer delivers great prints. The CNC machining or Y-Rail mounting grove gives you a precise positioning of your base. The hotbed takes only 5 minutes to reach 110℃. Due to the use of upgraded ender 3 pro, that comes with a Mean Well UL Certified power supply, your printer is protected from unexpected power surges. You are also provided with additional power cut protection functions. printing experience. This printer also comes with an upgraded extruder which reduces the plugging risk.
- Resume Function: The resume function. that you are provided with this printer, is the most attractive feature of the 3D printer. While printing something, the power cuts and your printer may stop. With many other printers, you have to print again from the beginning while with the resume function, provided with this printer, the printer will start printing from where it stopped. So, your printing material will not be lost. Due to this function, this printer has gained so much popularity in the Indian market.
- Nozzle Size: The nozzle diameter of this printer is 0.4mm. Despite such diameter, you’ll get a precision of 0.1mm with a maximum speed of 180mm/sec. Such size of the nozzle helps in printing models with higher accuracy and greater details.
- Easy to Assemble: You get this printer semi-assembles out of the box. While comparing it to the previous option, this semi-assembled state helps a lot in assembling the product. You are also provided with a user manual with the product. The user manual helps you to fix the model in no time. It does not take more than 1.5 hours to get assembled. Moreover, you do not have to be a professional in doing such. This product weighs slightly more than the previous one.
- Very easy to assemble
- 0.4mm nozzle delivers great printing quality
- Excellent build quality
- The printer is noiseless
- Not suitable for bigger projects
3. Creality 3D Ender-3 3D Printer
3rd on our list comes to Creality 3D Ender-3 3D Printer. This is one of the best budget 3D printers available in India. You can purchase this printer from Amazon. This printer has several technologies that make it a top-notch choice for beginners. Creality 3D Ender-3 uses FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) technology for printing.
- Design and Print Quality: The design or build quality of the printer is very good for domestic uses. Creality 3D Ender-3 is an open frame printer. This printer has a V-slot linear bearing system with wheels. Due to such a feature, the printer gets smooth noiseless performance despite being an open frame one. The base of the printer only takes 5 mins to be heated at 110℃. Thus it provides better printing quality at a very low price.
With the Creality 3D Ender Printer, you get an upgraded MK-10 extruder which reduces or eliminates any kind of dangerous problems such as extrusion or plugging risk. This gives the printer better stability and excellent durability.
- Features: This printer comes with this unique resume function. The resume function will help you in many ways. While printing you may face power cuts due to which the printing process may stop at the middle. Most of the time with other printers you see the printers start printing all from the beginning again which creates a problem and also wastes stuff a lot. But with this resume function, Creality 3D Ender-3 printer starts printing from where it stopped. So, you don’t have to fear whether the power cuts or any kind of problem occurs. This printer remembers where to start from.
Apart from this, this printer uses Cura, the reality slicer software. This software is very good and well set to print your models. This printer supports material such as PLA, ABS, and TPU for printing.
- Easy-to-Assemble: The most important feature of this printer is, unlike any other printer this printer is very easy to get assembled. You are provided with a video and user manual from the seller. Apart from this, this printer comes with 12 steps set up process. You just have to follow these 12 steps to assemble the total printer. It not only saves time but also is hassle-free. The simple user guide is very easy to understand.
- Nozzle Size: You get a nozzle size of 0.4mm along with this printer. This printer can deliver high-accuracy printing. This printer has a precision of 0.1mm which ensures extraordinary printing quality. The build volume of the printer is 220 x 220 x 250mm. It can print at a speed up to 180mm/sec.
- Easy to assemble with a 12 step guide
- High-quality printing
- No auto bed leveling is provided
4. Flashforge Adventurer 3 3D Printer
Brand Flashforge is one of the most popular brands in the world of 3D printers. It’s Adventurer 3 is a middle range 3D printer with premium features that are loved by all. This printer is a close framed printer that provides you with excellent printing quality. This is also one of the best 3D printers to buy in India.
- Design and Print Quality: This printer is one of the best 3D printers in India. It has a closed frame feature that is very secure and easy to use. The close frame structure helps one in many ways. Firstly, due to the closed frame, the user is given much security from any harm. Secondly, as the printer is closed, no dust or external stuff can enter into the printer and create troubles in printing. Most importantly, the closed frame ensures that there will be no noise coming out of the printer.
The platform in the printer is removable. The feature that has attracted us the most is that this printer does not need to be leveled. The removable platform with a detachable extruder provides stability to the printer. The extruder system comes with a turbofan and air guide to improve overall print quality.
You also get the built-in filament cartridge with this printer. This automatically loads filament after insertion. This feature is also able to detect whether it has any filament or not. The filament-detection feature becomes very handy at times.
- Features: Several features make this printer one of the best budget 3D printers in India. This closed frame printer comes with a transparent glass cover that allows the user to see the process from outside. You also get an inbuilt camera with the printer and get online monitoring support. Flashforge Adventurer 3 also supports cloud-based printing. Therefore distance is hardly any factor. You can be anywhere doing anything. You can always access this printer and print from anywhere.
- Nozzle Size: The nizzle size of the printer is 0.4mm which can print at a precision of 0.1-0.2mm which is very appreciable. The printing thickness is 0.1-0.4mm. The printing material that is used in this printer is PLA and ABS. So, you can expect to get a high-quality print with this printer.
- Ease of Use: The key point with this printer is the ease of using it. Any 3D printer that is easy to use acquires more promotion than others. Flashforge Adventurer 3 is a very easy-to-use, light-weight, compact printer. The printer comes with an interchangeable nozzle assembly and a spare included. Due to this swapping out parts is simple. It also comes with built-in WiFi support. This printer heats up quite smoothly that makes the printing process faster. This printer has a 150 x 150 x 150mm build volume. It also can print in a resolution of 100 microns.
- The closed frame is a very safe optiony
- Built-in wifi support
- Bendable print bed
- Auto-leveling support
- Calibrating the machine is very expensive
5. 3 Idea Imagine Create Print Easythreed Dora Mini Home Education Desktop-Level High Precision 3D Printer
Next and 5th on our list come 3 ideas Imagine Create Print Easythreed Dora Mini Home Education Desktop-Level High Precision 3D Printer. This is one of the values for money printers available in India. This cheap 3D printer in India is available on Amazon for less than 20K. This printer is very ideal for beginners as this is very easy to assemble and also cheap.
- Design and Printing Quality: The printer has been designed to keep the client’s safety issue in mind. Many times, due to less knowledge about printers, safety issues get compromised. This printer has been designed in such a way that using it is very safe.
The hotbed needs to be leveled manually. Once done, you can print your favorite models seamlessly.
You also get a touchscreen interface with the printer. The 4.3inch LCD touchscreen works very smoothly by bringing more comfort to the user.
The company has provided detailed instructions on how to change the filament. Although, you need to buy some extra filaments as the filament provided with the printer is comparatively low in quantity. You can only test your printer with this by printing some small models.
Talking about printing quality, the printer, though comes very cheap, gives you an extraordinary print quality while considering its price. You will not experience any stringing. With proper settings, print quality gets better.
- Nozzle: The printer offers you a single 0.4mm nozzle with an engraving accuracy of 0.05-0.2mm. Considering the selling price, this much accuracy is pretty good. The layer thickness is 0.05-0.3mm. The nozzle can be heated up to 250 degrees. The print diameter is 120x120x120mm. This printer can print at a speed of 60-100mm/sec.
- Assembling Process: The printer comes with a detailed user manual. You also get an SD with an SD card reader included in the box. In the SD card, you’ll find a detailed video showing you how to assemble your printer. We recommend you to use the video instead of the user manual as we feel the video guide to be more friendly as compared to the latter. This would take you a little time to assemble your printer before you start printing. You can connect this printer to your computer using a USB cable. However, you get SD card support with this printer. You just have to load your design into the SD card and then put it into the SD card slot of the printer and you’re ready to go.
- Budget printer: If you are a beginner then this printer is the best choice for you. This printer comes very cheap and is easy to set. This desktop printer is also very light. So, you can keep it anywhere and work freely. You can use it for educational purposes or as a hobbyist too. This is also suitable for gifting someone a unique gift.
- This printer is very affordable
- Great print quality
- Great seller support
- The assembly process takes time
6. 3D Bazaar Cr-10s Large Build Area 3D Printer
The 6th on our list is 3D Bazaar CR-10s Large Build Area 3D printer Kit. This affordable 3D printer is an upgraded version of C-10. 3D Bazaar Cr-10s is one of the best 3D printers in India with so many premium features. It comes with a large build area with many color print options. It can print almost any popular thermoplastics available on the market, including PLA, ABS, TPU, Copper, Wood, Carbon Fiber and Gradient Color, etc.
- Design and Print Quality: 3D Bazaar Cr- 10s is an open frame printer that comes with a heated print bed. The manufacturers have used top-class industrial-grade PCB mainboard, more highly integrated modules, which provide you with 200 hours of continuous printing without any pressure on the machine. The newest v-slot linear bearing system has been used in the printer which ensures better high-accuracy with low noise. This printer comes with two Z-axis screw rods and motors that give a more stable performance. The Dual lead screw design stabilizes the printer while printing tall and larger models. You also get all tools included for assembly right out of the box.
This printer comes with a filament detector. It reduces accidents and brings more accuracy to model printing. The use of more lead screws has ensured more stability to the printer.
The print quality with this printer is exceptionally great. It can support any popular filament materials such as PLA, ABS, TPU, Copper, Wood, Carbon fiber, Gradient color, etc. The print size is 300 x 300 x 400mm. This printer is exceptionally suitable for your bigger project works.
- Nozzle Size: With this printer, you get a 0.4mm nozzle with an additional 0.3mm nozzle. The nozzle diameter can be changed to 0.3mm/0.2mm. Printing accuracy is very good. It can print at an accuracy of ±0.1mm. This printer can print at a normal speed of 80mm/sec to the highest speed of 200mm/sec.
- Easy to Assemble: The assembly process of this printer is pretty simple. It takes max 10 mins to get installed. You are provided with a user manual along with this product. You also get video support or step by step guidance on how to assemble this product.
- Resume Print: Packed with so many features, 3D Bazaar Cr-10s, comes with another exciting feature i.e Resume Print. As mentioned earlier, resume print can be proven helpful in many ways. During the time of power cut, your print may stop, incomplete. But while you have such a feature along with your printer, you do not have to worry much. Resume feature allows the printer to print from where it stopped. Therefore you get a complete print without wasting your filament.
- Extra Features: You are provided with some extra features with this printer. This printer offers USB and SD card support. So, you can connect your printer with your PC or just simply insert an SD to print your desired model. You also get a filament sensor with the printer that alerts you when the filament runs out or is broken.
- High-accuracy printing
- Supports many filament materials
- Comes with two Z-axis screw rods and motors that give more stability/li>
- The nozzle size is 0.4mm
- You have to learn about different settings to operate this printer.
Things You Need To Consider Before Buying A 3D Printer In India
Buying just any 3D printers that are available in the market may not suffice your need. Although printing is every printer’s main function, various 3D Printers come with different features that you must know before buying one. There are 9 technologies currently available in the market that are used in 3D printers. The most famous types are FDM, SLA, DLP, SLS.
So, the first step is to figure out which technology you need. Most people use FDM as their first printer technology because this comes very cheap with good printing output.
Now, the second step is choosing the right material. Filament printers mainly use spools of a filament made from a wide variety of materials. You also can find unique materials like wood-based filaments. The most common filament types are PLA, ABS, and PETG.
Resin printers like SLA and DLP use liquid resin materials to create objects.
Now once you’re done with choosing the Printer and Material types, we can move forward to the features that you must consider before buying a 3D Printer:
- Build Quality and Design: The quality of the printer is one point that you must consider before buying one. There are mainly two types of printers based on design- open frame and closed frame. The design of a 3D printer helps in gaining better stability and less noise. Many printers use a V-Slot structure with POM wheels that reduce noise. Therefore, before buying a 3D printer check it’s build quality at first.
- Safety: Budget 3D printers are mainly designed for domestic purposes. In our home or office, some people don’t know the proper way to use a 3D printer. 3D printers come with various hot equipment. Therefore it can be proven dangerous at times. Therefore before buying any 3D printer check out all safety measures provided along with the printer. For example, closed frame 3D printers are better than the open frames one. So, if your budget permits, we would advise you to go for the closed frame ones.
- Nozzle: The nozzle quality and diameter is very important while it comes to the question of better quality printing. In 3D printers, nozzles dissolve the filament and to do so it gets heated. The nozzle diameter is very important in printing higher-precision prints. Therefore before buying a 3D printer, do check your nozzle diameter and it’s printing efficiency.
- User Interface: Previously handling 3D printing was not only very costly but also very complex. It was due to the complex user interface that these printers used to have. You had to learn the total method to use the printer. Nowadays, this is not a problem at all. We always want a simpler UI in everything. It is easy to learn and operate, So, the manufacturers of 3D printers have opted for a better User Interface so that the handling becomes more user-friendly.
- Resume Function: This is a unique function that is being provided with the printers nowadays. Print Resume Function can be seen even in the budget printers as well. It is a very useful feature. Suppose you are in the middle of printing something. Suddenly your power cuts and the printer stops. The resume function is a lifesaver at this moment. It remembers where it left and when the power comes back, it starts printing from the same point where it stopped. Thus there is no waste of material and printing becomes easier.
Benefits Of Buying A 3D Printer
There was a time when 3D printers were out of reach of normal people as it used to cost you megabucks to start even with some beginner stuff. The materials used to cost you even more. The application was not even for beginners. So, it was quite hard for any person to afford for personal use. But, with the development of technology, we have been able to see many cheap and budget 3D printers with simpler user interfaces and lightweight to become more available day by day. 3D printing in India is becoming a new trend. Therefore buying a 3D printer and using it for any reason is no longer a big deal.
There are certain benefits that a 3D printer offers you.
- Future Technology: With the rapid development of technology we can expect everything to become more accessible. Thus, 3D printers are becoming a future technology that we should get accustomed with. As 3D printers can print anything, learning the functions can help you in many ways. You can start a business by making several mechanical parts, toys, structures, statues, etc. Or you can just simply print anything to decorate your home. Using your 3D printer at home will convince you of its unlimited potential. You can use it to enhance learning or just simply create pastimes. So, prepare yourself to work and live in the future world.
- Saves Money: This point may force a question in your head: how can 3D printers save your money? This is a common question that we face so often. 3D printers are a great money saver. As we said earlier, 3D printers can print anything and everything that comes under its diameter range. With the use of high-quality material, you can easily print any mechanical parts. Suppose you need a screw to fix something but to buy this, you have to go out of your home. Having a 3D printer will enable you to print these materials at home. So, it can simply save your cost and time at the same time.
- You can Earn Money: Yes, you’ve read it just the right! You can also earn money with 3D printers. Ask how? Well, 3D printers are a great business option. This is because with 3D printers you enter into a world where you can print anything and everything. So, you can make toys, mechanical parts, gift items, show-pieces, and much more stuff that you can easily sell in the market. By using high-quality material you can easily print products at a very low cost.
On the other hand, 3D printers can print your sample models that your consumers can see before buying. You can print replicas of your bigger models and showcase them.
- Education: 3D Printers are proven to be a great tool in education. In the modern age, we always talk about practical examples. The practical examples have crossed the boundary beyond any subject. 3D printers can add a new dimension to learning that will engage your kids by making education more fun and interesting. You can print educational models that illustrate concepts such as atoms, planets, body parts, etc. You also can print puzzles that enhance problem-solving skills in children. Seeing an example while learning brings an attraction towards the subject. For example, learning about atomic structure with practical 3D models can make the concept clear to the student more easily. Therefore, using 3D models in learning is adding extra cheese to the pizza.
- Fun to Use: Keep everything aside and let’s focus on our hobbies. 3D printers are indeed very fun to use. For example, you can be someone who loves to design a lot. If printing pictures of various animals and models on 2D paper brings joy to you, think what 3D printers can do. Suppose your kid loves Doraemon a lot. Now to buy a Doraemon model or toy, you have to search for it first and then pay money. With a 3D printer, you can just simply print the Doraemon model at home. As the printers have become very user friendly, it is no big deal to use it. So, printing with these printers can also become your favorite hobby.
Apart from these points, 3D printers are very environment friendly and can print at higher-precision. The speed of printing can help you to grow your business even faster. By using high-quality material you can print more durable items. The accessibility is so simple that by learning a few things you can print your desired models. Therefore it can be said that 3D printers have endless opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What is the best 3D printer for beginners?
There are 9 technologies used for 3D printers among which FDM is the most suitable for beginners as it is less costly and delivers good printing quality. So, we suggest you go for FDM 3D Printers.
Q. How much does a 3D printer cost in India?
The budget 3D printers in India starts from somewhat around 15k. Depending on several technologies, features, build quality, size and purpose, the price varies. A professional 3D printer can cost somewhat between 2-5lacs in India.
Q. How much time does a 3D printer take to print a model?
It depends on several things like printer’s printing speed, size of your printing, type of print, quality, and details of your prints, and the printing material. 3D printers can take time from half-an-hour to several days to print an item.
Q. Should I opt for a high-speed printer?
Printing speed depends on various things like printing material, type of print, detailing of print, etc. You can customize your printing speed with 3D printing software. Therefore it is better to go for high-speed printers.
Q. What are some High-speed 3D printers?
Some high-speed 3D printers are: DeltaWASP 2040 Turbo 2, HP MultiJet Fusion, Uniz Slash Plus UDP. But these printers would cost you a lot.
Q. Which is the best budget 3D printer?
3 Idea Imagine Create Print Easythreed Dora Mini Home Education Desktop-Level High Precision 3D Printer is the best budget 3D printer available in India.
A Final Word
3D printing technology is one of the fastest-growing technologies in the world which, at present, is not only being used by scientists or automobiles but is becoming an integral part of various other sectors. You can use it in your home for personal use too. We hope that by this time you can find the best budget 3D printer in India and be ready to buy. Have fun while printing your ideas. Stay safe.
On an ending note, we personally recommend you to buy:
Closed frame gives this 3D printer a healthy edge over its competitors. It also comes with built-in camera, built-in Wi-FI support and noiseless capabilities all of which help a lot in 3D printing.