Do you constantly freak out due to low WiFi router signal strength? We understand how it feels to survive with a low WiFi router signal strength. Nowadays, when everything is moving so fast – be it the world or your workspace – working on a snail’s pace is a total buzzkill. To stay abreast of your deadlines and commitment is the need of the hour. The good news is you can fix this issue. To get the proper signal you need a device to repeat the signal and possibly extend the range of the covered area.
Yes, it’s that simple. So without any further ado, invest in a decent WiFi repeater and enjoy a full-speed WiFi around your home space or office space. We’ve listed the 5 of the Best WiFi Range Extender in India so that you need not spend your valuable time and energy on selecting the best device out there especially when the market is flooded with so many options with different modifications.
Now that the basic criteria are listed out, here’s a list of the top 5 WiFi range extenders in India today. Read this evaluation list and select the right product that suits all your needs.
Editor's Top Picks: 5 of the Top WiFi Range Extender Brands In India
The Best WiFi Range Extender In India You Can Buy Today
1. Netgear EX2700 N300 WiFi Range Extender Review
Ask any gadget geek about the Best Brand of WiFi Range Extenders, and you certainly won’t miss the name Netgear on the list. It is one of the best devices available on the market and for all the right reasons. It exceptionally extends your WiFi range without causing any dip in the speed. It comes with the essentials edition, antennas, and a super-fast Ethernet port. It's a cinch to install and delivers some of the firmest throughput scores we've seen from a plug-in range extender, mainly when functioning on the 5GHz band. It's a bit massive and lacks a pass-through opening, but that's not unusual with these devices.
- Extend your WiFi range, simple and easy to install
- Supports MU-MIMO data streaming, functions at the 5GHz band
- Essentials edition, best-rated WiFi repeater available
- External antennas
- Fast Ethernet port
- Lights can malfunction at times but it is a rare instance
2. TP-Link TL-WA855RE Review
Enjoy the benefits of a non-stop internet with this WiFi Range Extender. The best part about this device is that works with any WiFi router. The Tether app lets easy access and management with your mobile devices distantly. It supports AP mode which produces a new WiFi access point. Indeed, out of all the WiFi repeaters in India we reviewed, we feel this one to be the best overall.
- Superior Extended Range — Boosts your existing Wi-Fi coverage to deliver fast and reliable wired and wireless connectivity
- 300Mbps Wi-Fi — Speeds up to 300Mbps at 2.4GHZ
- Boosts your existing WiFi coverage to supply fast and dependable wired and wireless connectivity
- External antennas for quicker and more dependable WiFi
- Ropes AP mode which generates a new WiFi access point
- Easily expand wireless coverage at a push of the range extender button
- Set the power schedule for the range extender for power-saving
- This works only on 2.4 GHz and not on the 5.0 GHz spectrum, which can make a slight difference in the speed
3. TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal WiFi Range Extender Review
Now you can enjoy top-quality WiFi internet performance with this premium WiFi Extender. This model is unique as it connects and is supported by multiple service providers including ISPs such as MTNL, BSNL, Airtel, Reliance Broadband and Tata Broadband. It is small and compact in size and can be placed anywhere. With just a single tab button it can easily expand the range coverage area.
- Superior Extended Range — Two internal antennas extend Wi-Fi coverage. Easily expand wireless coverage at a push of Range Extender button
- 300Mbps Wi-Fi — Speeds up to 300Mbps at 2.4GHZ
- Input Type RJ-11 (Telephone Line) supported by ISPs such as MTNL, BSNL, Airtel, Reliance Broadband and Tata Broadband
- Range Extender mode boosts the wireless signal to previously unreachable or hard to wire areas perfectly
- Miniature size and wall-mounted design make it easy to use and move compliantly
- Easily expand wireless coverage at a push of range extender button
- Ethernet port lets the extender to task as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices
- Price can seem to be a tiny bit expensive
4. D-Link Wireless Range Extender (DAP-1330) Review
This is currently our best-selling Wireless Range Extender of all and is the perfect solution for those looking for a high-quality Wireless Range Extender that will run dead quiet and will be used over years. It is one of the best products on the market and the speed maintained by this range extender is of 300 Mbps. The repeater can also be set up with aid of a mobile app which makes it easy to attach the repeater to a current network. You can go ahead with this one without having to worry about the performance of the extender.
- Extend the range of your existing Wi-Fi network and eliminate dead zones
- Helps find the best location for optimal coverage
- Extend the range of your existing WiFi network and eliminate dead zones
- Help find the best location for optimal coverage
- While its range performance is middling, it works well in close proximity
- More reliable coverage
- Brings solid WiFi and wired connectivity to areas of your home that your router can't reach
- The effective range doesn’t live up to the expectations, though that is quite often the case with Wi-Fi boosters
5. Linksys RE3000W N300 2.4 GHz Wireless Single Band Range Extender Review
The Linksys RE3000W N300 Increase Dual Band WiFi Range Extender is a plug-in device that offers comparatively good quality but comes up short in terms of features and 5GHz range performance. Two adaptable antennas are located on both side of the extender, and there are rearrange and Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) buttons on the right side. An LED status meter embellishes the front, and a single Gigabit LAN port is situated on the bottom of the device, accompanied by an audio output for wirelessly flowing audio from your devices like smartphone, laptop, or tablet. Though it is nice to have a LAN port on a plug-in extender, it's even better when you get four or more of them, plus USB connectivity, like you do with the Netgear.
- Boost wi-fi network
- Works with any wi-fi router or gateway
- Boost WiFi network, Works with any WiFi router or gateway
- Stream music and movies seamlessly, Expand WiFi range up to 5000 feet
- Ethernet port for wired connection, Quick and easy installation setup
- Technology: Wireless-N, Bands: 2.4 GHz single-band
- Antennas: 2 internal, OS compatibility: Windows and Mac
- Bandwidth contains packet drops, which is irritating while streaming a movie
Not the most impressive range
6. Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi Repeater Review
Another brilliance from the Netgear, showing why they are the lead runners in this race. Netgear EX6110 provides a mega boost to your network range and delivers you the speed range which goes up to 1200 MBPS. FastLane technology has made some enhancements in the performance of both the bands here. High-power amplifiers, teamed with an internal antenna array increase the coverage range.
If you’re a gaming buff and prefer playing advanced ones, this allows you to do so without any interruptions. In the name of innovation, there is a Netgear Wi-Fi Analytics application that tests your Wi-Fi strength in different rooms and tells you the room with the strongest and weakest ranges.
- Create faster wifi access for 802.11 b/g/n and ac wifi devices
- Extend 2.4 and 5ghz wifi up to 1200mbps and reduce interference
- Wi-Fi Bandwidth of 1200 and above with 2-years of Warranty.
- Multiple device connectivity at the same time
- Compatible with any Wi-Fi router
- Provides wide coverage, thanks to FastLane technology.
- Wireless coverage relies on the operating environment and might vary at times
7. TP-Link RE305 AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender Review
TP-Link is widely known for its ability to cater to the different needs of people. Dual-Band extension can stabilize even the deserted areas of your place and would be a perfect fit for a spacious room or office.
RE305 makes sure of stabilized Wi-Fi coverage as there are far fewer interruptions because of no wires. The two bands are 5GHz with 867 MBps and 2.4GHz with 300 MBps, and both combined would allow you to play power-packed games, stream high-quality videos, and conduct your business operations, all with no interruptions.
Red and blue LED lights are installed to indicate when the device is away or near. Tether application by TP-Link gives you access to advanced network management for the extender.
- Superior Extended Range — Two external antennas extend Wi-Fi coverage.
- AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi — Operates over both the 2.4GHz band(300Mbps) and 5GHz band(867Mbps) for more stable wireless experience.
- Responsive and informer customer support
- 3-years warranty period
- Scheduled for power-saving options
- It can be used with wires or wireless as well
- Speed can be slow at times, based on the environment.
What Are WiFi Range Extenders?
I am sure with the introduction basic meaning is cleared but in case you’re still baffled and scratching your head, then keep reading. In simple terms, WiFi extender is a device that extends the network coverage area so that you don’t have any dead zone in your office or home space. These extenders generally receive the present WiFi signal and amplify the same and ultimately transmit a boosted signal to its own specific coverage area. It’s more or less like a repeating terminal (WiFi repeater) for your present WiFi network.
Wi-Fi Extender V/s Double-Antenna Router
There is this little misconception which many people have about Wi-Fi. If you understand the difference between Wi-Fi Extenders and Double-Antenna Routers, that is good and if you don’t, you might want to continue reading.
Double-Antenna routers are nowhere near related to range extension. The primary purpose of double or triple-antenna is giving maximum reliable coverage. These routers are useful in managing antenna diversity. When there is more than one reflection, the signal can seem to fade and it is called antenna diversity. Multiple-antenna routers fix this issue to give you a better performance.
To wrap it up, Double-antenna routers increase your speed whereas the Wi-Fi extenders are the ones you need for a better range. Like we said it a couple of times, you have to position it in a proper area and you’ll be fine.
Best for Office Use
You would certainly need a Wi-Fi Extender if you have a spacious office and there are weak signals which cannot reach your device. In such an instance, you must treat yourself with a Wi-Fi range extender that is ideal for the office space. Among the many Extenders we have listed above, TP-Link TL-WA855RE is a thing of beauty to use in the office. It is easy to carry and can be placed anywhere within the sight of the router. You wouldn’t have to worry about the connectivity because it has a good enough range and should be good enough for a standard-sized office.
Best for Multi-storeyed Area
If you are living in an apartment with rooms on multiple floors and need the Wi-Fi connection on more than one, you should be going for TP-Link TL-WA850RE with its bandwidth going up to 300 MBps. It delivers you the premium speed quality on more than one floor and all you’ve to do is place it properly.
With no troubles of wires and being a compact device, it is even easier to manage this. The tether application will be there as well for giving you the optimum experience. Thus, it is advised that you buy TP-Link TL-WA850RE for a multi-storeyed place.
How To Choose The Right WiFi Extender In India – Buying Guide
I am sure now the concept of WiFi range extender is clear in your mind. Now comes the next part and the essential one. We know that how important a WiFi extender is but how to find which one is the best one as per our current needs and requirement is the money question.
To aid you with that, we’ve listed a couple of facets the user must bear in mind before making any buying decision.
Initially, the WiFi extender must be such that it does not decline the current network speed exceptionally. Usually, WiFi range extenders fall into two categories: a single-band (2.4GHz) extender and a dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) extender. The single-band extender accepts the original signal and conveys it in the same frequency network. On the flip side, a dual-band extender accepts the signal over one channel and spreads it through another, henceforth averting the loss of signal strength.
Secondly, you need to buy an extender device that is attuned to your WiFi router so that there are no linking issues later on. Most WiFi extenders in India today are attuned to all the IEEE wireless values.
Having one or two Ethernet ports in the WiFi extender helps to attach it straight to the TV or PC as and when essential. The best WiFi repeater in India is the one that is benign with standard safety measures, so that odds of hacking it becomes thin. Finally, the price of the extender should be reasonable because almost none of us like to shell money more than needed.
I hope with the post above now it’s easy for you to choose WiFi Range Extender for your home space, and still if you’re confused or looking for the second opinion, then go with this one:
It has 4.4-star ratings on Amazon and all great features that make the product a total value for money. Mark our words that you will not regret buying this WiFi Range Extender ever. This unique part of this model comes with user network features which are good for user’s network safety. Like we said, when it comes to our safety we want nothing but the best, and TP-Link TL-WA855RE WiFi Range Extender is the best.
Best WiFi Extender – Important Tips
So as to help our users in making a well-informed decision, we have listed-down a few quick tips to consider and apply whenever you hit the market to purchase one:
How Much Do You Need To Spend On A WiFi Extender?
The economical WiFi repeaters are often going to have a price-tag of about 2000 INR, and our present budget choice is going to become yours for half of that cost.
The latest signal boosting gadgets come with support for the modern wireless standards and delivering technologies such as beam-forming and Mu-MIMO for improved performance is going to charge more, but even the Best WiFi Extenders might be available for a price lesser than 3000 INR.
Plug-In or Desktop Version
While most WiFi extenders use small plug-in designs that connect directly to a wall outlet, they aren't the only option. Some use larger designs that sit on a desk or shelf, more like a traditional router.
These larger devices don't have the same size and weight limitations of plug-in units, allowing for better antenna placement and better internal hardware. Plug-in models, on the other hand, will often be less expensive and more convenient to install.
Match WiFi Standards
Whilst a majority of people might not pay a lot of attention to which wireless standard their wireless router utilizes, it is certainly going to impact the performance of your extender. In case the wireless router at home makes use of the 802.11ac standard, you are going to ensure that your extender offers that too.
The previous 802.11n version would be slower and is often confined to a single band, which is going to hamper the WiFi coverage, slackening down both streaming and browsing. However, that would solely be a problem if your wireless router is delivering superior speeds. In case you possess the older wireless-N router, then a corresponding extender is going to get the job done effortlessly.
Both WiFi extenders and wireless routers utilize radio waves so as to transmit data to and fro using the internet connection. You require finding a place that is close to your WiFi router to catch a robust signal to extend, but sufficiently far away to prolong the range of your network to where it is wanted.
Consider an Upgrade
In case your wireless router hasn’t been able to deliver the coverage or speed you would like to have, it might be better to frisk the WiFi extender completely and purchase a fresh router for your office or home. The latest WiFi router models are going to deliver superior performance, and the mesh routers are going to allow you to expand the wireless coverage through the biggest of households.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I use more than 1 WiFi range extender?
You can, but don't use more than two. Try to connect both the WiFi repeaters with the main router for optimum performance. Otherwise, you will get bad service.
2. Does using a WiFi extender reduce internet speed?
Yes, if the internet speed is more than that of the WiFi. In that case, one WiFi range extender means your internet speed will be cut in half.
However, if the WiFi speed is significantly more than the internet speed, then speed won't be deducted.
3. Does WiFi range decrease due to walls?
Yes, if there are thick walls, then the range of the WiFi gets deducted. Theoretically, thin walls pose no problems. But speaking from experience, walls do act as obstacles. That makes the job of the WiFi range extender much more necessary.
4. Is there a problem of sleeping with the WiFi on?
That's a good question. Yes, you shouldn't do that. The signal waves trick the brain into thinking that it's still daylight outside. Your sleep, therefore, won't tend to be as peaceful as without the WiFi on. In this case, a WiFi repeater's function is negative.
5. What is WiFi interference?
This means your WiFi signal may be jammed due to neighboring WiFi signals which have the same frequency but with different channels. This means that WiFi range extenders pose a threat to your neighbors, and theirs may be detrimental to yours as well.
6. Where should I place my Wi-Fi extender?
There must be a clear line of sight between the Extender, the computer you use, and the wireless router. You must ensure there is no thick wall or material which blocks the sight and causes interruptions. There are also LED lights on the Extender in the form of Green/Blue and Red, indicating the strongest and the weakest connection, respectively.
7. Is there a need to reconfigure the Extender if we change its place?
It has changed just its place and not the settings stored in it. The settings would be the same, so you shouldn’t try to reconfigure or change anything. Nonetheless, you should reconfigure when the host Wi-Fi network settings are changed or Extender is reset to factory settings.
8. Do Wi-Fi Extenders reduce internet speed?
Yes. But there is an almost unnoticeable and very minimal difference. For getting a better range, you have to compromise a bit here and there, in this case, the speed. You don’t have to be concerned though as it is negligible.
A Final Word
No matter how powerful a WiFi router you buy, it's very likely that it won't reach all the rooms in the house, especially not with strong connection. Wouldn't it be so neat if you could plant a WiFi range extender so that you may get optimum network signal throughout your house, and from all corners?
Last updated on 2021-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API