Dehumidifiers are good for homes especially if you live in the locations in humid climates. It helps to save the wall of your home as in case of excessive humidity leads to mold, fungus, and mildew which can severely damage your furniture and clothing. However the excessive moisture in the air creates the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, viruses and which can also affect your health.
Top 10 Dehumidifiers Reviews
La Ittalia By Renesola LD 10 220W Dehumidifier
This extremely solid dehumidifier is no superior to any of the smaller, less great options. It comes with 2.0 Ltrs with 40 % to 80% humidity control and 10Ldaily water extraction. This dehumidifier from La Ittalia comes with a defrosting temperature drop down less than 16 C, incessant drain for extra suitability. The product comes with 2 years warranty and is powered by 220 W and offers full-time protection with a sound alarm with an indication when the reservoir is full.
- 2.0 L Water Tank Capacity, Humidity Control Range: 40 to 80 %
- Automatic defrosting for temperature drop down less than 16 C, Continuous drain for added convenience
- Automatic shut-off feature to prevents water from overflowing Water drip protection,
- Power 220 W
- Unit will sound an alarm with indication when the water tank is full
- 2 years of Warranty on product
Bionaire BD20 360-Watt Dehumidifier
Our next best Dehumidifier is from Bionaire with 4.5 L water tank capacity and is ideal for 60Sq m that run on slow setting with around 8Hrs minimum/tank and 20L daily water extraction. The product comes with one year warranty. It comes with a unique oscillation function among 45 to 90 degree and is ideal for 60 Sq m. It is constantly draining for additional suitability, automatic shut off feature which prevents water from overflowing. It is powered by 360 W and added wheels on the bottom to move the dehumidifier simply.
- It comes with a LED Display
- Runs on Slow setting: 8 Hrs Minimum/Tank
- Oscillating function: between 45 to 90 degrees
- Humidity control range: 40 to 80 %
- Ideal for Room Size: 60 Sqm
- Time control Range: 8 Hrs. on/off
- Temperature display range: 5-35C
SereneLife – Dehumidifier Compact Thermo Electric 20 Oz
This fancy dehumidifier from SerenLife is super-efficient in controlling moisture which regulates humidity air dampness which aims to eliminate the fungus. It is ideal for homes as it comes with an automatic power with an empty tank including wall power adapter. It comes with washable and reusable air filter ultra-air filter with LED indicator lights and is an easily removable water tank.
- Efficient room moisture control
- Simple one-switch button activation
- Built-in ventilation fan for extended air flow
- Built-in air filtration system
- Washable & reusable air filter
- LED indicator lights
LD 20 Dehumidifier LA Italia By Renesola
Renesola is a reputed brand in the world of dehumidifier which is why we’ve picked their models in this list. This dehumidifier comes with 5.5 L capacity and controls up to 40 to 80% of humidity. It comes with unique features like automatic shut-off, 20L daily water extraction, water full protection and wheel on the bottom. The product comes with 2-year warranty and is powered by 360W.
- Power 360 W, 5.5 L Capacity
- 2Years warranty
- Ergonomically designed
- Controls 40 to 80% humidity
- Automatic shut-off feature
- Sound alarm with indication
Gurin Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier – 1100 Cubic Feet
Our next pick is from Gurin Electric Dehumidifier, comes with Quiet technology, and is a removable 16ox reservoir with indication light and smart auto shut-off feature. It is CE and UL approved and is ideal when it comes to energy consumption. Make your surroundings safe and moisture free with this smart technology and Save yourself from excess humidity conditions that lead to mold, fungus, and mildew.
- Small Dehumidifier with Whisper Quiet Technology
- Detachable 16 ox Reservoir with Indicator Light
- Auto Shut Off Safety Feature when Full
- Low energy consumption
- CE and UL Approved
Homasy® Portable Mini Dehumidifier 22w
This portable mini Dehumidifier from Homasy comes with smart whisper Quiet Air Dryer. It is perfect for a small room with Peltier technology and removes up to 80z water every day from Humid Air. It is a great home appliance and helps to reduce bacteria from the air. It comes with an intelligent auto-off system and is low on energy consumption and saves up to 20 square meters. It also has intelligent auto-off feature.
- Peltier Technology, Quiet Air Dryer
- Energy-efficient saves up to 40% relative humidity
- Intelligent auto-off feature
- Compact and lightweight
Eva-Dry E-333 Dehumidifier
Eva dry is one of the largest and first Astronomy Company in India. Their products are imported from the USA. The pricing includes customs duty, customs charges, local shipping and delivery to your doorstep. This humidifier is energy efficient and requires no electricity to operate. It is ideal for small enclosed spaces Eva-Dry dehumidifier requires no batteries or electricity to operate. It’s not apt for large spaces. It operates without any batteries and comes with five-year warranty and is low on capacity. The product comes with a five-year warranty. The dampness is vented to the air when released, so retain that in mind when picking a space to recharge the unit — out-of-doors or a next to an open window in the big room works well.
- Five-year warranty
- Good for small, enclosed spaces
- Operates without batteries or electricity
- Very low capacity
SereneLife – Portable Dehumidifier Thermo-Electric 16 Oz
This portable dehumidifier is energy efficient and regulates humidity and dampness which eventually eliminates the fungus. It is compact in size and comes with inbuilt ventilation for extended air flow. It has unique LED indicator lights, automatic power of the system, simple one-switch button activation, and reusable air filter. It is perfect for home and office use.
- Removes fungus & odors
- LED indicator lights
- In-built air filtration system
- Compact lightweight
- One switch button activation
Remington Model 500 Mini-Dehumidifier
It comes with a re-chargeable mini-dehumidifier contains a plastic case covering water fascinating silica gel minerals. It has no moving parts, noise-free, clean, safe and eco-friendly and is the best type for use in small bounded areas of the home such as storerooms. The important point here is that the Remington is advertised for gun safes by an esteemed maker of guns. It appears improbable that Remington would do so if the company assumed that humidity control for guns is essential and that this device is an apt choice for a gun safe.
- Protects against excessive moisture within 500 cu. ft. of enclosed space
- No battery or cord needed
- Works up to 10 years
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly – child and pet safe
White Westing House Splendid Home Dehumidifier
White Westinghouse is a famous American home appliance brand. Its Splendid Home Dehumidifier is suitable for comparatively larger rooms and therefore is a bit on the exclusive side. It comes with an LCD display with a number of buttons together with for adjustable speed settings. This 22 liters model with a water tank capacity of 6.5 liters is comparatively superior to most of the other models of dehumidifiers. The nonstop drainage feature makes it appropriate when using the product for extended periods. An extra valuable feature is an auto on/off timer which can be set as essential. The noise produced while in the process is lower than 45 dB, henceforth it can be measured to be almost muted.
- LCD display
- 22 L model with 6.5 litres water tank capacity
- It is suitable for larger rooms up to 220 square feet
- Nonstop drainage feature
- It comes with an Auto on/off timer
- It has less than 45 dB operating noise
- The product comes with 1-year warranty
A dehumidifier is more or less like a vacuum cleaner as it sucks in air from every corner of your room and takes moisture out and blows back out into the room. The moisture drips down through a collection tank which needs to be emptied on a regular basis. When it comes to removing the moisture that's where it works more like an AC it all gets so much confusing at times. Here's why we've come up with the detailed look of what actually dehumidifier is all about.
Best Dehumidifiers to Buy Online
A dehumidifier can completely revamp the damp feeling out of a basement or laundry room and avert a few other sticky situations like moisture levels above 50 % can raise dust mites, mildew, and activating allergies or other severe health problems. Naturally, the damper your space, the more capacity you’ll want in a dehumidifier.
How does a dehumidifier work?
Dehumidifier work in multiple ways one is by a refrigerator which uses cooling air to remove moisture using similar technology to a refrigerator or another option is where they use absorption where the moisture gets absorbed onto a drying material and then it gets removed.
Let's see how it works through Refrigeration
Initially, the moist air gets sucked in through a grill from one side of the machine through an electric fan draws the air inwards. Then warm air is passed through over freezing pipes through which coolant gets pumped and compressed.
As air get cooled down the moisture stored turns back into liquid water and drips down from the pipes. Now the air free from moisture passes through the heating element and warms up to its original temperature.
Warm air gets blow back into the room through the grill. The present moisture in the air naturally drips down into the tray at the bottom of the machine. A plastic float in the machine rises upward as the collecting tray fills up. When the tray is completely full, the float trips the switch that turns off the fan and indicator light intimating the machine needs to be emptied.
Though a dehumidifier doesn’t cool the air, it makes the air comfortable and decreases humidity. But then again a dehumidifier does not function well below about 65 degrees F.
A dehumidifier’s fan must have coils to evaporate, and a proper charge of refrigerant and other controls must work for the dehumidifier to work. Likewise, a thermostat controls a heater or AC, a dehumidifier is cycled off and on by a humidistat that measures a room’s moisture.
- 1 Top 10 Dehumidifiers Reviews
- 2 La Ittalia By Renesola LD 10 220W Dehumidifier
- 3 Bionaire BD20 360-Watt Dehumidifier
- 4 SereneLife – Dehumidifier Compact Thermo Electric 20 Oz
- 5 LD 20 Dehumidifier LA Italia By Renesola
- 6 Gurin Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier – 1100 Cubic Feet
- 7 Homasy® Portable Mini Dehumidifier 22w
- 8 Eva-Dry E-333 Dehumidifier
- 9 SereneLife – Portable Dehumidifier Thermo-Electric 16 Oz
- 10 Remington Model 500 Mini-Dehumidifier
- 11 White Westing House Splendid Home Dehumidifier
- 12 Best Dehumidifiers to Buy Online
- 13 How does a dehumidifier work?
- 14 Let's see how it works through Refrigeration