With proper information, care and support, newly mothers find breastfeeding easy and as a result, will make plenty of breast milk and their babies will be nourished with the best nutrition and thrive. Nowadays, good breastfeeding support is not as common as it was back in the days. There are gazillions of reasons which lead to a low milk supply. However, there are multiple ways to make more breast milk to satisfy her baby needs. We understand it’s a vulnerable situation for the mother and the baby here’s why we’ve listed top 5 breast pump which makes the whole process a bit easier for the mother and the baby. By doing this informative post, we’re doing our bit.
What is Breastfeeding?
In simple terms, breastfeeding is feeding babies and young toddlers milk from a woman’s breast. Breast milk is extremely beneficial for a baby as it gives the baby basic nutrients as breastfeeding begins within the first hour of a baby’s life. It protects babies against a wide range of diseases and boosts immunity. For the first few months of a baby’s life, breast milk is the only food source for many children. Slowly women start giving their children other foods like solids and formula, but initially, most babies only have breast milk. Nowadays women use breast pumps to extract milk from the breast and then feed the milk to the babies using a bottle. The following are details regarding breast pumps, its benefits, how to use and how to select a breast pump.
Benefits of a Breast Pump
A breast pump is a mechanical device used by lactating mothers to extract milk from their breasts. It is a very convenient device as there are many benefits of using a breast pump for the mother and the child. Some of the benefits are:
- For some women, there are many difficulties while breastfeeding. Sometimes there are problems with latching and sometimes infants find it difficult to extract milk on their own from the breast.
- Sometimes breasts become overfull and cause engorgement. Engorgement of the breast can be painful for the woman. Also, by pumping the milk out, women can recover from pregnancies faster as hormones become normalized faster.
- Working women go back to work within a few months of delivery. Breast pumps help women extract milk before work and give the bottles to the caregivers who can then simply feed the child throughout the day when a woman works.
How to Use a Breast Pump?
A breast pump comes in two forms. A manual breast pump and an electric breast pump. The process of using a breast pump to extract milk is an easy one. To start the process, women generally massage the breast gently to achieve a smooth flow of breast milk. To use a breast pump, women hold the breast shield of the breast pump and adjust the angle to cover the breast and nipple area with the breast shield. After adjusting it properly and massaging the breast for a little while, simply start using the manual pump with the other hand which will start the extraction process of the breast milk. Transfer the breast milk to the bottles and it is ready to use or refrigerate.
How to Select a Breast Pump?
- While selecting a breast pump, women need to choose a breast pump that suits their needs. An electric breast pump works for women who need to use the breast pump often and have trouble with the breastfeeding.
- A manual breast pump is more ideal for limited use. Looking for a breast pump where the shield size matches the breasts, the suction is adjustable and one which is easy to transport and compact in size.
Breast pumps have been highly beneficial for lactating mothers and are a must use product for them.
Chicco breastfeeding pump is no wonder one of the best and most loved brands among the users. It is made with diaphragm technology. The extra soft silicone cup is given for the extra gentleness on the breast while using. Giving birth is one of a kind experience and breastfeeding is another great one and with Chicco breast pump it gets better.
Why we recommend it
- Effective and gentle expression with Diaphragm Technology
- Ergonomic handle for maximum comfort during use
- Extra soft silicone cup for gentleness on breast
- Fitted with Step Up New Feeding bottle and Teat
Trumom Elite pump is BPA free, soft silicone material, non-toxic, with adjustable suction power is an ideal choice for any new mother and baby. Make your breastfeeding experience richer and comfortable than ever with Trumom Elite pump.
Why we recommend it
- Express more milk from both breasts together Trumom double electric breast pump is a blessing for mothers who have trouble sitting for long for milk expression
- Baby safe materials all parts of double electric breast pump are made from BPA free, soft silicone material that is non-toxic
- The adjustable suction power double electric pump gives the user the power to control the level at which suction is required
We want you to experience nothing but the best for yourself and the baby here is why we picked next best model from Trumom itself. Breastfeeding is most precious experience women go through in their lifetime. We just want to add some value.
Why we recommend it
- Color changing temperature: Position the temperature indicator ring below the bottle and wait 15 seconds, red color indicates temperature is ideal for drinking. White color alerts it is too hot
- Half strokes (quick tempo stimulation) pump faster to imitate baby’s first initial sucking motion to start lactation
- Full strokes (slow tempo expression) pump more slowly to imitate your baby’s regular sucking motion and expression milk more efficiently
- Highest safety and quality: Fda approved, baby safe food grade silicone, BPA free material to ensure that your milk remains natural and safe for your baby’s consumption, so it’s definitely safe
- Portable, pain-free, leak-proof design: Our pump is completely pain-free and leak proof, it has an ergonomic handle, easy to install and more comfy for sucking milk, it is very easy to keep clean
Enhance your breastfeeding experience and celebrate motherhood with Medala Breast pump. Nobody prepares for being a parent, we’re just trying to make things little easier. Find more time with your baby and for other things by using a breast pump.
Why we recommend it
- Complete harmony pump with 1 component handle
- Personal fit breast shield 24mm
- 150ml bottle, Multi lid
- Bottle stand for the 150ml bottle, the Valve head
- Valve head, a valve membrane, component handle and diaphragm stem with O-ring
Philips needs no introduction in the world of home and kitchen appliance and even in the personal care. Philips Avent breast pumps offer comfortable pumping positions due to the unique design.
Why we recommend it
- More comfortable pumping position due to unique design
- Soft massage cushion with warm feel
- Includes our Natural nipple for natural latch on
- Compact lightweight design
- Express, Store, and Feed in One
- Intuitive assembly, easy visual matching of parts
- Compatible with other Philips Avent feeding products
Being smart consumers never ever compromise the quality of personal care appliances like breastfeeding pump you buy because of money. Appreciated breast feeding pumps are easily accessible on the Internet if you’re on a budget. If you are having a hard time finding one, we have identified a good option for you. Philips Avent Breast Pumps Manual Breast Pump is a worthwhile, performance oriented and a reasonable product. It is also sturdy and has a well-engineered design that will provide the best breastfeeding solutions for the baby and the new mother.
- 1 What is Breastfeeding?
- 2 Benefits of a Breast Pump
- 3 How to Use a Breast Pump?
- 4 How to Select a Breast Pump?
- 5 Chicco Manual Breast Pump Natfeeling Stepup
- 6 Check Price On Amazon
- 7 Why we recommend it
- 8 Trumom Elite Double Electric Breast Pump
- 9 Check Price On Amazon
- 10 Why we recommend it
- 11 Trumom Manual Comfort Baby Breastmilk Breast Pump
- 12 Check Price On Amazon
- 13 Why we recommend it
- 14 Medela Harmony Manual Breastpump
- 15 Check Price On Amazon
- 16 Why we recommend it
- 17 Philips Avent Breast Pumps Manual Breast Pump
- 18 Check Price On Amazon
- 19 Why we recommend it
- 20 Personal Recommendation
- 21 Check Price On Amazon