We’re in the mid hot sweltering season experiencing the blazing heat of the Indian summer. If you reside in any Indian city, then you must be familiar with blistering pesky weather conditions in the peak season. Before we hit the mark for the season, let’s save ourselves by investing in a decent ceiling fan. By decent we mean a brand that has been there for years for their users providing remarkable products and services.
If we look around, Orient is one such brand that has been consistent for over 60 years in the industry and has marked a special place in the heart of their dedicated users all over India. In this post, we will provide the Reviews on Best Orient Fans in India!
A ceiling fan offers multiple benefits for the users such as improved air circulation and chilling effect. Keeping cool/chilling surroundings during the peak summer months can be a matter of concern for many individuals.
Whether you plan to buy an outdoor or an indoor ceiling fan for the first time, or you might be eyeing for a standby for a present one, there are massive choices accessible on the market, and that can be irresistible. The existing cohort of ceiling fans has many different types, styles, brands, and prices. They also have different motors, finishes, resources, and instinctive controls.
Nowadays, markets are overflown with different kinds of ceiling fans to choose from with varying levels of value and performance. Some ceiling fan makers merely focus more on lower quality, cost-effective fans though others focus more expensive and higher quality fans. In the end, it all boils down to quality and performance of ceiling fans irrespective of the brand. Even if you compare the best brands that makers have to offer, you’ll notice the top of the line models to be comparatively equal.
Editor's Picks: Top 3 Orient Ceiling Fans In India
The Best Orient Ceiling Fans In India You Can Buy Today
1. Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Brown)
Add a modern, sophisticated statement to your home with this stylish and elegant looking Ceiling Fan. Orient brand needs no introduction; every Indian household has been using their products and services for over sixty years and for obvious reasons. They are known for providing quality. This brand is known for producing exceptional products, especially when it comes to Ceiling Fans.
- Installation is not provided by brand. For product related queries please contact at 
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches); Super reliable and efficient copper motor; Motor Speed:370rpm
Why we recommend it
- Powered by 78 watts and operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts, one year warranty
- High-speed fan, higher air delivery, and thrust
- The single packed ceiling fan, the strongest motor in the category
- Comes in brown and white color options, Inverter compatible
- Double ball bearing for smooth and noiseless operation
Also Read: Best Table Fans you can Buy today
2. Orient Electric Aeroquiet Sweep 1200 mm Ceiling Fan (White)
Now you can enjoy the top-quality performance with this premium Ceiling Fan from Orient Electric. This model was one of the very first modern style ceiling fans ever made and the sleek jet style of this ceiling fan was years before its time when it was first shaped closely 2 decades ago.
- Aerodynamic profile blades for high air delivery, strongest 18 pole motor for longer life and durability
- Warranty of the product is limited to manufacturing defects only
Why we recommend it
- 100% rust-free blade made of high-grade glass-filled compounded ABS for strength
- Sturdiest and heaviest motor design for longer life, Double ball bearing for smooth
- Glossy product finish, high-gloss premium finish with PU paint
- Airflow CFM: 8122, Blade Sweep: 1200, High Speed, Power: 62 watts240
- Power Requirement: 240 volts 50 hertz, two years warranty
Also Read: Top Ceiling Fans from Bajaj
3. Orient Electric Orina 48″ Ceiling Fan Copper Brown 48″ 1200Mm
Currently, Orient Orina is our top bestselling ceiling fan of all and is the perfect solution for those who prefer nothing but the high-quality fan that will run noiseless and move lots of air for years and years to come. Any product offering dead quiet and long-lasting functions is ideal for your home as that’s what’s required for any common user in the long run.
- 1200mm Ceiling Fan
- The best in color combination, Silent operation
Why we recommend it
- Top best-selling ceiling fan with 1200mm Ceiling Fan, Good RPM & High Air Delivery
- The best in color combination, Silent operation, amazing model ceiling fan
- The product offers smooth finish, high-gloss premium finish
- Long-lasting along with the heaviest motor specially designed for longer life
Also Read: Top Fan without Blades
4. Orient Electric Subaris 1300mm Underlight Ceiling Fan
This Ceiling Fan is an ideal choice for those who can’t wait much for cooling. Orient Subaris is known for providing quick cooling solutions in no time. Save yourself from the sweltering blazing summer this season by investing in a decent ceiling fan from Orient.
Why we recommend it
- Blade size- 1300 mm (51 Inches), Single packed ceiling fan
- Reversible motor to circulate cold air in summers and warm air in winters
- The strongest motor in its category for longer life and durability
- Hand moulded shanks reflects premium appeal and finest craftsmanship
- Developed in India to suit exclusively to Indian conditions
Also Read: Top Wall Fans for Better Cooling
5. Orient Electric Pacific Air Décor 1200mm Decorative Ceiling Fan
At 75 watts, this Ceiling Fan provides more than enough power to get the job done and saves money on your utility bills. Orient Pacific is super reliable and offers effective copper motor which makes it long lasting and inverter compatible. Not only does this fan produce over 1200mm of airflow, it also uses only 75 watts of electricity in the process. And which makes it roughly 200% more effectual than your regular ceiling fan.
Why we recommend it
- It is powered by 75W with operating voltage of 220-240 volts
- High-speed fan, super reliable and efficient copper motor
- A single packed ceiling fan, higher air delivery, and thrust, inverter compatible
- The strongest motor in the category, double ball bearing for smooth and noiseless operation
- The product comes with one year warranty and the package includes motor box, Blades, Canopy set, Down rod, Warranty card along with the user manual
Orient Electric Limited (OEL) is a fragment of the expanded Indian conglomerate CK Birla Group. An eminent name in the Indian fan industry consistently providing valuable service for over 60 years, Orient Electric has today recognized itself as a one-stop brand for lifestyle electrical solutions which comprise Fans, Lighting, Home Appliances and Switchgears.
So how do you get to know which brand/models are the higher quality models and how do you equate ceiling fans from each brand to choose which is best for you?
Also Read: Top Fans from Crompton Greeves
Things To Consider When Purchasing The Best Orient Ceiling Fan – Buying Guide
To select the best ceiling fans always look for the highest quality cubic feet of airflow per minute and the lowest watts. These features measure efficiency. The more chilling the air is lesser you need AC and eventually save cost on your utilities. And, at the same time, it’s environment-friendly.
If you are probing for an outdoor ceiling fan for your gallery, you will requisite a good-quality ceiling fan, which does not get scratched due to outside forces such as rain or wind. If you are selecting the fan for your bedroom or any other indoor room, ensure it is energy-efficient and high quality to provide the extra silence often desired for soothing sleep.
Choosing a fan with Remote Control is the most beneficial control option accessible. The movable and lightweight control can be used inside a certain range, which makes it perfect for hard-to-reach places and high ceiling fans. A remote measured ceiling fan is also seamless for indoors.
The wall control choice is the most outdated method, which can operate the fan promptness with a knob. This type of switch is perfect for dining rooms, kitchens, and living rooms.
The pull chain offers basic norm, and it is idyllic for an easy-to-reach area and a low-maintenance ceiling fan.
If you’re confused about two best high-quality air flow cubit feet then go with the model with the lowest watt as they’re most efficient ones. And, always bear in mind that even the least efficient ceiling fan motors would cost you about 2 or 3 cents an hour to operate. So, high-quality air flow is rated higher than efficiency as the main goal is to maximize the chilling air and minimize the use of AC.
Over a decade, the ceiling fan industry has evolved a lot. And, it has come a long way from merely being judged in price and reliability to enticing novelty and aesthetics.
The average cost of fans has been on the rise, indicating the growth and importance of home décor. Per experts in the industry, we’ve listed a couple of points that you must bear in mind while selecting a ceiling fan.
The first and the most crucial factor is the size of the ceiling fan. As the air delivered by a fan is generally proportional to its sweep. Ceiling fans with higher sweep deliver more air but the area of the air spreads controls its effectiveness. Thus, it is important to select the right size of the ceiling fan as per your room size.
Usually, a ceiling fan with a sweep of 1050mm is adequate for the small room. A bigger room would necessitate a fan with a sweep amid 1200mm to 1400mm. And, room bigger than 12’ x 12’ should preferably have at least 2 or more fans with appropriate sweep size. In locations with hot and arid climate conditions, one can go for an upper sweep size.
The second important facet while selecting a ceiling fan is the shape. You have multiple options to choose between the traditional shapes of the blade which is found in most of the homes or you can opt for new curved shape or wide shape blades as per the essential aesthetics.
Finishing and Technology Used
Generally, the most fans are powder-coated which makes them cost-effective but limited to traditional colors. The fans with metallic finishes offer far more as the paint color is developed using a special shade named Pantone which means you can choose from different ranges of colors available. Currently, the users can also opt for fans with stylish and elegant wooden finish to get a mix of contemporary and traditional looks.
Nowadays, fans with the shank-less body are gaining popularity due to their modern yet contemporary looks. These days light under fans have become a new trend, blades are wrapped around a triangularly shaped motor without a visible joint to give it more appealing and unique look to your fan.
With the rapid surge in the evolution of ceiling fans, people are now shifting their criteria for decision making to aesthetics. Currently, theme-based fans are in trend for an instance, fans with famous cartoon characters like Disney and Cinderella. No wonder, it could be a great choice if you have kids at home.
Mistakes To Avoid When Selecting Ceiling Fans!
The first and the most common mistake generally users make is they go fancy on the looks and forget all the essential features like capacity, efficiency, performance, cost, speed, and everything that comes in between. The other thing user get wrong is to think higher the price the better it will perform. Will it bob? Will it actually suffice the cooling solution? Will it make noise?
An average consumer is hardly aware of essential facets and what actually makes a ceiling fan a good ceiling fan from regular ones. They usually assume that one fan is more costly than other is purely fancier. Eventually, there is the humongous difference in the air flow quality and the performance that a user must be aware of.
Also Read: Best Fans from Brand Usha in India
We hope with the engrossing, informative and engaging post above now selecting a ceiling fan for home space or office is a calk walk and if you're still confused and scratching your head for the second opinion then go with this one:
This is our personal recommendation:
This ceiling fan is the bestseller for a reason. It boasts noiseless function and comes with a heavy-duty motor. What's more, it is glossy and sleek in design as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is there any risk of leaving the ceiling fan on all day?
No risk at all. Unlike most electrical appliances, there is no danger of overheating if a ceiling fan runs all day and all night long.
2. If the fan sways, should I be scared of the ceiling fan falling down?
No, even if the ceiling fan is swaying, in all likelihood, it won't come tumbling down on you unless it was installed properly. Probably the screws are a bit loose. But even if the screws come loose totally, the fan won't fall down to the ground! If you are uneasy, just call for customer service.
3. How long does a ceiling fan last?
About a decade. The exact number will depend on how much it runs and its maintenance. Of course, ceiling fans are meant to run nonstop. As for maintenance, make sure that when cleaning the blades, you don't exert too much force on the blades and bend them. Doing so will make it spin with a slight sway, resulting in less speed.
4. Are ceiling fans faster than other fan types?
Though far more common and mainstream than other fan types such as table fans and pedestal fans, the speed of a ceiling fan is significantly less. This is because ceiling fans have much larger blades than other fan types.
5. Does that mean ceiling fans are not as effective as other fan types?
Yes and no. It depends on the need. Ceiling fans, since they are mounted, are not portable. However, only a ceiling fan (of proportionate size) can cool down an entire room. A table or pedestal fan can only cool down a target area. Using the rotating function, they can reach more areas, but obviously they cannot focus on a large area at once.
A Final Word
A ceiling fans or three is something every household needs as an essential necessity. Especially in a country like ours and unquestionably in the summer, we can't even fathom living without a ceiling fan. What if that ceiling fan's service deteriorates over time? What if something as essential, which is normally taken for granted, suddenly can't do its job?
That's why you need to ensure you buy for a quality ceiling fan. And when you opt for an Orient ceiling fan, especially the best of them as reviewed here, you will be satisfied for sure and then some.
- Also Read: Top Window Fans in India to Buy Online
- Also Read: Top Exhaust Fans for Proper Ventilation
- Also Read: Pedestal Fans you can Trust and Buy Today
- Also Read: Top Tower Fans available on the Indian Market
- Also Read: Battery Operated Fans – The Future of Fans in India
Last updated on 2020-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API