The summer season has arrived and the weather has actually started biting our skin with the unbearable heat. You might not be able to help yourself if you are traveling outside, but you can certainly keep the indoors cools and comfortable in any sort of a weather. Down here, we have reviewed the Best Window ACs, which are going to help you keep that scorching summer heat at bay. All the Window Air Conditioners that we have described down below are all the finest models as far as the online and offline market is concerned.
With the features such as low power consumption, timer, sleep mode, self-diagnosis, auto-swing, remote control, and memory function, window ACs are the best bang for your money if you want to keep that heat out of your way. The reason behind providing you with this Top 10 Listing is to take away all that pressure that you feel while choosing a Window AC for your home or office. So, bring home any of the Window ACs reviewed below and keep that relaxing environment going all throughout this summer season.
Best Window AC in India – Reviews
We all know the scorching heat of the Indian summers, don’t we? Having an AC is not a luxury but a necessity here. Our first best pick from you comes from Voltas 183 CYA 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC; one is the best window AC in India.
- This AC offers 3 Star Energy Efficiency Rating (EER)
- It comes with anti-dust filters, Silver Nano.
- Its condenser coil is made of Copper.
- It also features hydrophylic aluminium bluefin which looks after the condenser from the effects of dampness and moisture.
- Its smart dehumidification function does not allow your room to continue damp during damp days.
- The product comes with one year warranty.
Our second best pick is from Hitachi RAW312KWD 1 Ton 3 Star Window AC. Hitachi is a renowned brand and one of the best brands available in India. This brand is famous for the services and the good products they offer to their customers with a dedicated after sale services.
- Uses innovative technology let circulates air by 300 CFM. It results in prompt coolness and it also means that this cool air re-circulated back into the room at the rate of 300 cubic feet per minute.
- It offers 3 Star Energy Efficiency Rating (EER).
- The condenser coil used is made of Copper.
- It comes with silver ion filters in the AC, it efficiently eliminates dust, bacteria, microbes and other germs that often find shelter in AC units.
- The product comes with one year warranty.
- Uses auto-restart mode with the on/off timer mode.
- It uses Auto Climate Technology which identifies temperature and moisture in your city plus adjusts the temperature and fan speed with a simple press of a button in order to offer contented cooling experience.
LG is a renowned brand in this industry; they’ve made their presence with their utmost customer service and by offering qualitative service products. LG LWA5CP3A 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC is the third best window AC in India.
- It is energy efficient, super saving money, also rated 3 Start EER.
- It controls the AC fan repeatedly to provide comfortable room conditions and maximize energy savings.
- The condenser coil is made of Copper.
- It also offers dual protection filter, is a special mesh filter that kills the bacteria present in the air and passes through it by allowing inhibits any germ growth.
- It likewise catches all the dust particles present in the air.
- It comes with Auto Restart features in case of sudden power crisis
- It has 4-way air deflection.
Now is the time to bring home all weather comfort with Voltas 1.5 ton 5 Start Window AC. Presenting, Voltas AC with effective ambient cooling, multiple level filtrations, and dehumidifier. With smart “Sleep Mode” it helps maintain a comfortable temperature by reducing excessive cooling and power reduction so you can also sleep with comfort at night.
Why we recommend it
- It comes with an instant cooling feature even at 50°C High Ambient Cooling
- The active Dehumidifier helps in sensing the indoor humidity and controls it in monsoon.
- The unique 100% Copper condenser coil is sturdier & provides efficient cooling.
- The smart “Eco Mode” also optimizes the power consumption and saves on your electricity bills.
- With Turbo Cooling mode cools the room promptly.
The people who are on a lookout for an air conditioner for a small room, dormitory, or study room, this Hitachi 1-Ton Window AC is going to be really effective and operational. With the 5-star energy rating, this air conditioner is going to help you curb down those electricity bills for sure.
- The “Pre-coated aluminum fins” make sure the longevity of the AC as the aluminum coating stops the fins of the device from corrosion in the long run.
- The “Auto Climate Technology” is a smart feature that distinguishes temperature and moisture in your city and regulates the temperature and fan speed with a touch of a button in order to offer contented cooling experience.
- Kaimin function makes sure sensible usage of electricity and prevents its consumption. It allows the AC’s temperature to mechanically increase and sets the temperature up every hour to preserve the ease level of the environment.
- Koukin filter present helps to keep the cool circulated-air healthy.
- It offers 5 star Energy Efficiency rating and the condenser coil used is made of Copper.
- The product comes with one year warranty period.
If you want stylish yet powerful air conditioner to fit onto your window, then this 1.5-ton unit from Hitachi will be the best choice for you. This air conditioner, owing to its 5-star energy rating, helps you in saving a lot of money in the longer run. With the silent operation and the auto climate technology, get ready for utmost relaxation at home.
- It is Super Energy Efficient with 5-star EER.
- Its condenser coil is made of Copper.
- It comes with anti-dust filters that trap the dust particles present in the air before it reaches your room.
- The AC has Negative Ion Filter which filters 99% of the bacteria plus prevents unpleasant odor and keeps the room fresh and clean.
- Comes with Sleep Mode feature maintaining the optimum temperature in the room.
- It also comes with Auto Restart function in case of a sudden power failure.
Cool down your living room or bedroom within just a few minutes with this Hitachi 1.5-ton 3-star window AC. This window AC comes equipped with the best-in-class copper condenser for energy-efficient cooling plus easier maintenance. The features that this AC has on offer are namely auto climate technology, auto-restart, sleep mode, etc.
- It has 5 star Energy Efficiency rating (EER) and its condenser coil used is made of Copper.
- This AC comes with an auto restart feature.
- It also uses “Auto Climate technology” for its cooling which means that the AC provides cool air based on the outside temperature.
- This AC has an auto restart feature along with a Koukin Filter.
- It also has a “Dry Mode” where the fan runs at a slow speed and the compressor is swapped on for a small time period in large series to aid eliminate humidity from the air.
For all those rooms in your house with an area on the smaller side, this 1.1-ton 5-star window AC from Hitachi will be able to provide the best cooling performance. With the super silent working, auto-climate, powerful modes, and auto-fan speed, this Window AC surely packs a punch in this price range.
- It is a single compact unit that has all its components contained in one box. A single unit contains compressors, motors, connecting pipes and heat exchangers, and the entire air conditioning unit rests on a single base.
- Window ACs is great for smaller rooms. They are cheaper in price and easier to install.
- Their servicing is also easy. There is no need to make a hole in the wall to install a window AC, unlike a split AC.
- If you change home frequently, then a window AC is your best bet. In this post, I am going to tell you the top 10 best window ACs in India you can buy right now.
Voltas is one of the most trusted brands available in India. You can buy their products without any second thoughts here’s why we’ve them on our list.
- Window AC; 15-ton capacity
- Energy Efficiency Rating: 5 Star
- 5 Ton cooling capacity window air conditioner
- Rotary compressor with self-diagnosis operation
- Comes with an inbuilt Anti-Dust Filter
- It also offers inbuilt Auto Restart, Timer, Sleep and turbo mode settings
- 54dB Noise level and 1495 power consumption capability
Generally, Window AC is ideal for smaller rooms. They are simple to install and are cheap in price. In fact, their maintenance and service are also easy. There is no need to alter or make any hole in the wall to install the Window AC, unlike a split AC. If you’re someone who keeps on changing their home then this could be your best bet.
Window AC is the one of the most common AC seen in Indian households. For a simple reason, it is simple and easy to use. As the name suggests, Window AC is installed in a window of your office or household. The main reason why generally window AC is used is that they offer a variety of benefits for the user. A single unit contains compressors, connecting pipes, motors, heat exchangers, and the entire Air conditioning unit on a single base.
The Best 10 Window Ac To Buy Online
Why Window AC is Superior
- Window AC is entirely enclosed with one component. While the split AC is split into two components.
- Window AC consists of compressor, condenser, expansion valve and add other components work as a single unit that is cuboid in shape. While the split AC consists of compressor and condenser as the additional part of the external unit.
- Window AC takes up less space and could be easily fitted in a small room as well. While split AC takes up more space.
- Window AC is quite simple and easy to install. While, on the other hand, Split AC requires professional setup.
- Window AC is relative makes higher noise while on the flip side, split AC is famous for being a little noisy.
- When it comes to service and maintenance part Window AC are quite easy to service as all compactly designed. While split AC may require some troubleshooting with technical help.
- Window AC is quite economical and installation cost is quite low. While Split AC are can cost you a little more. Installation may cost you more as well.
Split AC vs. Window AC- Which one is better?
Decision of buying a Split or a window AC is something that worries many people. But from the perspective of energy efficiency there is no preferred option. Both the Split and the window can be equally efficient. What matters is EER or the air conditioning energy efficiency index. EER represents the amount of cooling that an air conditioner can provide per watt of electricity it consumes. The higher the EER of the air conditioner, the higher the star rating it will be.
Both the Split and the window can have high EER rates. But it is noted that split air conditioners have more star rating compared to window air conditioners. So, if you are looking for high efficiency air conditioners, split air conditioners can offer you more options.
The main difference between the two is that the window air conditioner has a single unit, while the split air conditioning has 2 units (interior and exterior). The Split is much quieter in its operation compared to the window and it seems aesthetically pleasing, but its installation is relatively more complicated and requires more space compared to the window air conditioner.
- The AC window consists of a single unit. Compressor and condenser located on the outside, while the evaporator is mounted on the window.
- The AC window can be installed only in the window. The size of the window must exactly match the size of CA. If the size of the window is larger than the size of the CA, it must be installed in an appropriate CA size frame. Basically, the mounting location of the AC window is limited to the window.
- During installation there is no need to drill holes in the wall.
- The cost of resettlement is very cheap, almost negligible. You can set up this AC by yourself without the help of a technician.
- The window air conditioner makes more noise compared to the split air conditioner.
- Split AC consists of two units. A unit located outside the room, consists of condenser and compressor, while the indoor unit consists of an evaporator that sends cold air to the room. Expensive compared to the AC window.
- Split AC can be installed anywhere. Evaporator mounted on the wall.
- You need to make many holes in the wall; you even need to make a 10 cm diameter hole in the wall. A separate hole must be made for the condenser and for the evaporator.
- Very low noise level, almost negligible due to the condenser located outside the room.
- The cost of reinstallation is very high due to the recharge of the gas in the reinstallation and complicated transportation.
It is important to make a correct decision when buying an air conditioner, as it is a long-term utility for you. Do not let the lucrative offers, discounts and persuasion of a seller affect your decision to buy an efficient appliance. A wrong decision about an appliance such as air conditioning can significantly affect your electricity bills.
What Aspects Do You Need to Consider When Buying a Window AC?
To catch hold on the Best Window Air Conditioners whenever you make up your mind to purchase one from the market, there are several things that you need to keep in mind which have been discussed below:
This is the primary aspect that requires being on your considerations list prior to purchasing a window AC. The cooling capacity or power of an air conditioner is calculated in BTUs (British Thermal Units), per hour, which is the fundamental thermal energy measure. For the finest level of productivity and efficiency, you need to choose the unit that offers a BTU level that is appropriate for your room or space.
A window AC without a hefty BTU measure is going to function incessantly to try and cool that big area and, therefore, might consume the whole energy budget. A window air conditioner that is really big for your room might not cool & dehumidify your area uniformly, leaving the indoor air vulnerable to prickly hot and cold pockets.
To get a complete estimate, a buyer may take these aspects into consideration, as well:
Ceiling Height — According to the estimates, the customary height of the ceiling is 8 feet. You might require increasing the BTU level in case the ceilings are taller than 8 ft.
Sunlight — In case the room remains occupied by the sun all throughout the day, you will need to upturn the BTU level by 10%.
Number of People — If there are more than 2 occupants inside the room on a regular basis, for every extra individual, you would require adding up 600 BTUs of cooling power.
Kitchen — Do you want to install a Window AC inside your kitchen? In that case, you will have to increase the cooling capacity by no less than 4,000 BTUs.
A majority of window AC models are intended to fit within the customary double-hung window panes. Conversely, a majority of models might as well be mounted in a custom-made wall section with distinct kind of installation hardware. This is a valuable alternative in case the dimensions of your window are pretty small or really big or in case you don't possess the upright sash windows.
Window: First of all, you need to measure the inner dimensions of your window frame accurately, paying superior attention to the breadth of the window. After that, verify the maximum and minimum window width measurements that have been listed in the air conditioner’s specifications. You should not get stressed if your AC doesn't spread out to fit the window frame accurately. Every single window air conditioners comprise an installation kit, which consists of the side curtains to cordon off the additional space left on both the sides of the wall opening or window.
Wall: When you want to install the air conditioner inside the wall, first ensure that the model you desire can house this kind of installation and that you possess the suitable installation kit. At that point, jot down of the measurements of the complete wall opening, which must be provided in the specifications of the product. Then, you will have to utilize the measurements for the wall opening.
When you get the AC fully mounted–whether inside a wall or window–the window AC is going to sit smoothly within the opening, the warm air exhaust fronting outwards and the cooling arrangement facing towards the room. Furthermore, a majority of window air conditioners comprise the slide-out chassis in addition to a rough installation sleeve that locks the unit steadily, whilst providing you effortless access to it for repairs. Every single window air conditioners comprise a comprehensive easy to comprehend guidelines for installation.
Since the window air conditioners are really powerful in comparison to the other home appliances, ensure that your present electrical arrangement matches the requirements of the unit. A majority of air conditioners aimed to cool your room function on the 115, 125, or 220-volt electrical circuits. The air conditioners offering cooling power under the 15,000 BTU level customarily function on the customary residential (115- to 125-volt) circuits. In addition, the window ACs offering the cooling capacities over 15,000 BTUs generally functions on the 220-volt circuits. Having such AC models, you might require installing superior electrical wiring or look for an electrician to get that done.
The window air conditioners need intervallic maintenance to provide them the durability. They might be exposed to outdoor debris and dirt, which might gather inside or at the back. Furthermore, the particles and the dust are going to accumulate on the air filter of the AC after a while. In case it is left untouched, this accumulated dust is ultimately going to combine and diminish the efficiency of the Window AC.
To make sure that the AC works for a long period of time, you need to clean it comprehensively no less than one time every year. The window AC which comprises the slide-out chassis turn this appropriate since everything you require doing is to slide out the unit to get it repaired or serviced. A majority of air filters are easily washable using any mild soap and water. For detailed maintenance instructions for your AC model, you need to refer its user manual. To defend your unit from pests, a few room air conditioners comprise mosquito traps that permit condensation to drift outdoor deprived of allowing the insects inside.
- 1 Best Window AC in India – Reviews
- 2 VOLTAS 183 CYA 1.5 TON 3 STAR WINDOW AC
- 3 Check Price on Amazon
- 4 Features:
- 5 HITACHI RAW312KWD 1 TON 3 STAR WINDOW AC
- 6 Check Price on Amazon
- 7 Features:
- 8 LG LWA18CPXA 1.5 TON 3 STAR WINDOW AC
- 9 Check Price on Amazon
- 10 Features:
- 11 Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC (Copper, 185 LZH, White)
- 12 Check Price on Amazon
- 13 Why we recommend it
- 14 HITACHI RAW511KUD 1 TON 5 STAR WINDOW AC
- 15 Check Price on Amazon
- 16 Features:
- 17 HITACHI RAV518HUD 1.5 TON 5 STAR WINDOW AC
- 18 Check Price on Amazon
- 19 features:
- 20 HITACHI RAW318KUD 1.5 TON 3 STAR WINDOW AC
- 21 Check Price on Amazon
- 22 features:
- 23 HITACHI RAV513HUD 1.1 TON 5 STAR WINDOW AC
- 24 Check Price on Amazon
- 25 Features
- 26 VOLTAS 1.5 TON 5 STAR WINDOW AC (185 DZA, White)
- 27 Check Price on Amazon
- 28 Features
- 29 The Best 10 Window Ac To Buy Online
- 30 Why Window AC is Superior
- 31 Split AC vs. Window AC- Which one is better?
- 32 Window AC
- 33 Split AC
- 34 What Aspects Do You Need to Consider When Buying a Window AC?
- 35 Cooling Capacity
- 36 Installation
- 37 Electrical Requirements
- 38 Maintenance