There is no best feeling in the world than having your own babies. No matter how much you learn and see no one prepares you to be a parent. It’s the most vulnerable time in our lives. Initial years are tough for the newborn, so and is every season change. Every time winter creeps in and especially the first few seasons are hard on your little munchkin. If you have a newborn in your house during winters then this post is for you. Here we’re reviewing the top 5 baby room heaters to maintain comfortable room temperature.
The room heater or blower can be useful for keeping your home space cozy. There are many parameters that must be kept in mind before using heating devices in the season with your newborn. Before you get into the list we would like you to spare some time on the FQA given below.
Frequently asked questions
Are heaters and blowers good for the baby’s skin?
Blowers and heaters can be drying. And, in extreme cases, it can create itchiness on the skin and nosebleeds in some cases. To avert this situation, you can dehumidify with a steamer. Some parents believe that keep a bowl of water in the room around the heater helps retain the moisture levels. One must keep a safe distance from the water from the electrical point.
How to maintain the temperature in the room?
You can keep the heater on till the temperature of the room is comfortable. One can also use the thermostat to maintain the temperature. The thermostat can also be used to maintain the temperature of the room. Don’t set the temperature too high as it may overheat.
How to dress your baby while the heater is on?
Dressing style is important to understand if there are frequent power cuts in your area then consider dressing your baby in multiple layers. You can remove the layer once the heater is on and vice versa. Always maintain a safe distance.
How to maintain safety while using the heater?
First and foremost keep your heater out of your baby's reach. The bright coil heaters may look like a striking toy to crawling babies. Generally, most heaters get very hot when they are on and can basis grave burns. One must also keep the heater far away from the bed or the baby’s cot. Ensure there are no flammable items around the heater or blower.
Maintain your heater or blower as guided in the owner's manual or manufacturer's guidelines. This can prevent breakdowns that could lead to short trips or the relief of poisonous substances.
Which type of heaters are best – oil or electric?
There is a mixed response from the user. There are some users who prefer to say oil and halogen heaters over electric, coil, fan or kerosene heaters because their surfaces don’t heat up as much. Plus, they can be used for a longer time period. An oil heater cools off slowly once being turned off which gives time to your baby to adjust to changing the temperature.
The Top 5 Best Room Heaters for Baby 2020 – Detailed Reviews
Powered by 2500W and a stylish thinner design to take the quickly take the chill out of larger rooms; Freestanding or wall-mounted use with unique two fan system which provides better, faster heat distribution into the room; It comes with unique digital controls with adjustable thermostat, timer and multiple heat settings with LED display; Safe Heat – Tip over alarm – Buzzer and unit switches off if it accidentally tips over, Overheat protection and Antifreeze setting; ECO function saves energy by automatically adjusting heat and power settings for the most comfortable and economical warmth.
Why we recommend it
- The slim design of the Bajaj heater is less than 3-inches in depth. To save space even further, wall brackets are included for simple wall mounting.
- Convection heaters, particularly models with fans, are known for quickly heating entire rooms. Currents are sent across a heating element to create warmth, which is then spread around your room with the fan.
- Designed for your safety, the heater is equipped with tip-over and overheats protection, shutting off the unit in case it is accidentally knocked over or if overheating is detected.
This compact space heater from Havells brings 2000 watts of comforting warmth to your room. A classic design in silver with easy to use manual controls and built-in safety features, plus adjustable thermostat for personalized comfort.
Why we recommend it
- Built-in carry handle
- Ceramic heat adds quick warmth with fan-powered delivery
- 2000 watts of comforting warmth, 3 quiet settings
- High heat, Low heat, Fan only
- Built-in safety features, including overheat protection and cool-touch exterior
- Fully assembled, 3-year limited warranty
Save yourself from Stinging Winters! With summer making a graceful exit, it is time for winter to move in. If you live in an area where the winters are chilling, then what you need is a good heater. There is no better choice than this fan heater by Orpat. An attractive feature is the minimal amount of time taken by the heater to warm your room. It also consumes less power, allowing you to save on and lower your electricity bill.
Why we recommend it
- This room heater by Orpat has two heat settings 1000 watts and 2000 watts. The amount of heat generated by this room heater is suitable for small/medium rooms.
- This room heater by Orpat can be used as a fan along with being used as a heater. The fan option can be switched on without the heating function and it will function as a regular table fan.
- There are 2 heat setting knobs provided with the room heater by Orpat. These 2 heat setting functions are of 1000 watts and 2000 watts each. These knobs make it convenient to heat up your room quickly without much hassle.
- This room heater by Orpat consists of a stand with a cord winder facility that helps you to keep the heater organized by keeping the cord winding.
Usha is one of the oldest and the most used heater in the list and for all the right reasons. If you want nothing but the best for your baby then look no further than Usha.
Why we recommend it
- Three heating positions: 400 watts/800 watts/1200 watts
- Wide-angle oscillation function
- Tip-over switch for safety
- Cool touch body, compact and portable
- Power: 1200 watts; Operating Voltage: 230 volts
Bajaj Blow Hot 2000-Watt Room Heater comes in handy during winters. It is economical in its usage. Its sturdy outer body is built with a stove-enameled MS sheet. The exquisitely construed control keys can gently dispense cool, warm, or hot breeze.
Two long-running heating elements, each of 1-kilowatt power are incorporated into the heater’s design. It consists of a thermostat, which allows the users to maintain the required temperature by tweaking the average power. This is achieved by turning off the heater beyond a threshold temperature and turning it back on when the temperature falls back to normal. An additional thermal cut-off switch prevents overheating if the thermostat fails. The stand is designed to provide both an upward and downward flow of warm air.
Why we recommend it
- Powered by 2000W, it’s the best option for your newborn.
- It can be used as a forced-air circulator, a drier, or a room heater. Its compact design makes it portable and user-friendly. Switching on the fan before turning on the heating element distributes heat quickly over a large area and ensures the long life of the product.
- Neon Indicator is used to indicate that the heater is on. Two heat setting options enable fixing the operating power of the heating element to 1000 and 2000 watts.
- The well-adjusted motor and blower assembly is shielded by a reflector. This enables ideally regulated airflow and completely noiseless operation.
Being smart consumers never ever compromise the quality of home appliances like the room heater you buy because of the money. Appreciated room heaters are effortlessly obtainable on the Internet if you’re on a budget. If you are having a hard time finding one, we have identified a good option for you Havells Calido 2000W PTC Fan Heater is a worthwhile, performance-oriented and a reasonable product. It is also tough and has a well-engineered design that will help you offer the best heating solutions for years to come.
What are the Different Types of Room Heaters by Form?
The radiant room heaters are one of the common types that you would find in a majority of homes. The room heater options available these days are quite safe and operational. A majority of radiant heaters have now been updated with automatic shut-down and the temperature control feature, turning them into an even secure room heater choice.
These room heaters utilize the glowing quartz or the metal reflector and element to deliver spot heating inside your space. The radiant room heaters tend to quickly warm the smaller rooms inside your house. The disadvantage of this kind of room heater is that it doesn't warm the whole room as rapidly and delivers instant balminess to the close area. In case you're searching for a room heater to keep nearby your bed to comfort you whilst sleeping, this would surely be a decent choice.
These room heaters are intended to heat the whole room. Some of these room heaters are fan-aided and a few aren't. The convection room heaters are a rapid, effectual heating source.
The design of this room heater pulls the air inside that passes through the heating component, warms it, prior to using a fan to consistently dispense the hot air into your room. Even though not as dominant as the radiant counterparts, you would revel in improved coverage with marginal cold spots. This type of room heater might be an amazing year-round alternative. Moreover, you might as well turn off the heater and utilize it like a fan during summers.
The convection room heaters that are unassisted tend to heat the rooms by means of conduction. Similar to an oven or electric range, the energy flows from side to side of a resistor, which turns the electricity into heat energy. After that, the heat gets spread by means of a molecular construction up until the room is adequately warmed. This kind of room heater is perfect for the homes with people suffering from asthma or allergies as it isn’t going to wake up the pet dander and dust.
What are the Different Types of Room Heaters by Design?
There are numerous kinds of room heaters to think through prior to making the final decision:
These room heaters deliver a contemporary way to keep your space warm deprived of consuming a lot of space. Being a low-profile room heater, they might be installed in the room’s corner distant from the furnishings. They function in the same way as the outdated cast iron radiator, but these aren’t as bulky.
This sort of room heaters is a type of convection heaters. They draw cold air inside, heat it, and then push hot air out of the vents. A majority of these room heaters are water or oil-filled. The heat might take up some time to get evenly spread, but ultimately, the convection current is going to heat the whole room.
Freestanding Portable Heater
The ceramic heaters and the oil-filled radiator heaters are the commonly used types of a portable space heater. Similar to the baseboard heaters, the freestanding portable heaters also work on the principle of convection.
The oil-filled radiators aren’t fan-driven. This type of room heater would take a longer time to heat an area but as soon as it is adequately warm it is going to stay the same way for an extended time, even whilst you have turned off the heater.
On the other hand, the ceramic room heaters are fan-aided. The ceramic room heaters are equipped with a blower fan for spreading the heat. The cold air is drawn inside and heated using the ceramic plates and then discharged into your room. This sort of room heaters is going to warm any space quite rapidly.
These room heaters are characteristically fan-aided convection heaters. They would help save a lot of space and being a low-wattage choice, they wouldn’t cost much to operate. In case there are pets or kids present in your house, the wall room heaters would be a decent choice. You can mount this room heater considerably away from their reach, and an added advantage that everyone would appreciate.
Electric Fireplace Heater
The electric fireplace heaters would be a decent option to deliver apt warmth for your bedroom or dining space. Several varieties heat around 400 sq. ft. area and deliver a visually tempting alternative to the customary room warming.
This type of room heater provides you with convection and radiant heat. Several varieties are equipped with a fan to circulate the heat. This type of room heater functions similar to an electric appliance. It necessitates no major makeovers for installation as you simply need to plug it & enjoy the comfortable warmth.
Thus, if you want to purchase a room heater to warm the bigger spaces for one and all to enjoy, bringing home a convection room heater would be a decent choice. In case you want to keep your bedroom or dining area warm then you should opt for the radiant heater. Hopefully, you found this information quite supportive and made it easier for you to select a room heater that matches your budget and preferences and serve you for an extended time.
- 1 Frequently asked questions
- 2 Are heaters and blowers good for the baby’s skin?
- 3 How to maintain the temperature in the room?
- 4 How to dress your baby while the heater is on?
- 5 How to maintain safety while using the heater?
- 6 Which type of heaters are best – oil or electric?
- 7 The Top 5 Best Room Heaters for Baby 2020 – Detailed Reviews
- 8 Bajaj Majesty RH 11F Plus PTC Fan Heater
- 9 Check Price On Amazon
- 10 Why we recommend it
- 11 Havells Calido 2000W PTC Fan Heater
- 12 Check Price On Amazon
- 13 Why we recommend it
- 14 OEH-1260 2000-Watt Fan Heater by Orpat
- 15 Check Price On Amazon
- 16 Why we recommend it
- 17 Usha Halogen Heater (3303-ISI) 1200-Watt with Oscillation Function
- 18 Check Price On Amazon
- 19 Why we recommend it
- 20 Bajaj Blow Hot 2000-Watt Room Heater (Cream)
- 21 Check Price On Amazon
- 22 Why we recommend it
- 23 Personal Recommendation
- 24 Check Price On Amazon
- 25 What are the Different Types of Room Heaters by Form?
- 26 Radiant
- 27 Convection
- 28 What are the Different Types of Room Heaters by Design?
- 29 Baseboard Heater
- 30 Freestanding Portable Heater
- 31 Wall Heater
- 32 Electric Fireplace Heater