Lately, Smartphone makers have started focusing more on the battery aspect of their products. Thus, massive battery facets are being used to power even low budget segment smartphones. However, this doesn’t of course guarantee an ever-lasting battery for your smartphone. Running out of battery becomes worse when you are on the go. Imagine you are travelling, and there is a dire need to use your phone but you can’t as you ran out of battery.
In such situations, it doesn't matter how functional your smartphone is. What use is it if the battery is dead? Here’s why we’ve come up with a list of the Best Power Banks in India. These top-rated options can keep your smartphone going for longer periods, even when you forgot to keep it fully charged, or even if not and you simply ran out of charge anyway!
It’s not the OEMs we should blame. They’re simply providing useful features to users at an affordable price. We just can’t do without these features as they’ve become an integral part of our lives. There are two simple fixes of this solution to this problem of drained battery: one is to go for a new mobile with good battery backup, and the other, more flexible, option is invest in a good power bank.
Editor's Picks: 5 of the Top Power Banks In India
Our personal recommendation is:
This is a powerhouse of a Power Bank which offers a litany of features above and beyond what a normal one offers. More details below!
The Best Power Banks In India To Buy Online
Before diving right into the reviews, you should know that these power banks work for mobiles that support Android as well as iOS (Apple devices).
1. Syska 20000 mAh Power Pro 200 Review (Best 20000mAh Power Bank)
Syska brings you a substantial capacity power bank – namely, ‘Power Pro 200,’ which is extremely effective as compared to any other on this list. It will help you to enhance the lifespan of your device and keep it from being damaged.
This power-packed product comprises of precise IC protection that lets you avoid over-charging and short circuit. These things may shorten the life of your device and sometimes also cause irreplaceable damage to your most prized possession. The unique part of Syska Power Pro 200 lets you charge two devices as it comes with two 2 USB ports and is considered as the best-rated power bank for mobile in India. You can read the full review of this product here.
- It will charge a 3000mAh phone battery 4.3 times And It will charge a 4000mAh phone battery 3.3 times
- Output : Double USB Output DC5V |1A, Input: 5 V || 2A AND Charging time: Approx 10 hours( 10 W charger, standard USB cable)
- It is lightweight and convenient to carry
- It comes with dual USB Charging
- Fully safe against Over-Charging
- It comes with a 6-month Warranty
2. Ambrane 20000mAh Lithium Polymer Review
The Ambrane Power Bank is our second-best option for this list. It comes with a double output for charging. It is equipped with torchlight, a toggle button, a standard USB, a connector. The product further comes with a one year warranty.
Furthermore, it comes power-packed with multiple features like superb compatibility and is long-lasting. Runs on Lithium-ion battery, it is highly durable. These power-saving features help to enhance the lifespan of your device and keep it from being damaged. You can read a detailed review of this product by clicking here.
- Massive 20000mAh Lithium Polymer capacity allows you to charge your devices multiple times. It can charge iPhone 12 – 4.6 times, Samsung M11 – 2.6 times, iPad – 1.4 times
- 18W Fast charging output– Powerful 18 Watts PD and QC output for exhilarating charging speed, do you a great favour in an emergency. For instance, it can bring your new iPhone or android device back to 50% in as quickly as 30 minutes.
- Easy to use and store
- Safe and reliable
- Superb compatibility
- Long-lasting and highly durable
- Battery: 20000 mAh
- Micro USB connector
- Lithium-ion battery
- Triple USB output
- Designed with Torch Light and Indicative LEDs
3. Ambrane P-1310 Review (13000 mAh)
Ambrane is one of the most famous and trusted brands among its users. In a short period, this brand has made its presence. It comes with dual output for charging. It is equipped with torchlight, LG lithium-ion cells, 13000 mAH long-lasting battery capacity. The product also comes with a one year warranty. Find the full review of this product here.
- 13000mAh Long Lasting Battery Capacity
- Dual Output for charging
- 13000mAH long-lasting battery capacity
- Dual output for charging
- Samsung/LG lithium-ion cells
- Fortified with torchlight
- 1-year Warranty
4. Lenovo 13000mAH Lithium-ion PA13000 Review (Readers also like)
With the minute battery life of most phones and tablets, it is very significant to bring a battery pack these days. The Lenovo PA13000 13000 mAh Power Bank has a battery with 13000 mAh capacity. It delivers charging time of AC Adaptor Charging, USB Charging.
On top of it, the product has two USB ports and a power output of 5 V. At 281 gm, it is lightweight. The product comes with a one year warranty. This product's power-saving features also help to enhance the lifespan of your device and keep it from being damaged.
- 13000 mAH lithium-ion battery
- Portable ergonomic comfort
- High-grade matte plastic exterior
- It comes with a dual USB output and support for two phone charger
- Power light display, soft light display, and clear display
- Comes with Smart power control chip and high conversion rate
- Battery power is stored for a long resting technology
- Connector type used- input – micro USB 5V/2A, Output – USB 2.0 A 5V/2.1A
5. Syska X110 11000mAH Review (Cheap Power Bank in India)
We live in a day and age where we're always on the go, and in that rush, phone battery runs out. To be available and connected all the time we need a power bank so that running out of battery should never create a mess for you. The Syska X-110 has a battery with 11000 mAh capability. It delivers charging time of AC Adaptor Charging, USB Charging.
On top of that, it has 2 USB ports and a power output of 5 V. It is available in 3 colors – white-grey, white-blue, and black-grey. It weighs just 272 g and can be carried effortlessly inside the pocket. It is one of the best budget power bank there is on the market, and actually comes under the 1000 INR price range!
- It will charge a 3000mAh phone battery 2.4 times And It will charge a 4000mAh phone battery 1.8 times
- Output : Dual USB Output 5V | 1A
- Input: DC 5V-1.5A
- It comes with a Light Indicator
- The Cable Type which is used is Micro USB cable
- Charging time up to 9 hours
- The product comes with a 6-month Warranty
Intex IT is one of the most trusted brands among users. It is quite famous, and for all the right reasons. There comes an LED indicator light included with the it. It's power-packed with multiple features like superb compatibility and long-lasting capacity. The product is highly durable, running on Lithium-ion battery. These power efficient features help to enhance the lifespan of your device and keep it from being damaged.
- High-grade matte plastic exterior
- It comes with a dual USB output, supporting two phone chargers
- Power light display, soft light display, and clear display
- Capacity 11000 mAH, Power input DC 5V/2.1A, and output 5V/1A, 5V/2A, Power source mini USB
- Physical Specifications: – 26mm (thickness) 280 gms (weight)
7. Ambrane 13000 mAh P-1310 Review (Cheapest Power Bank)
We want to pick nothing but the best, which is why we’ve selected the best models from Ambrane. This product comes with dual output capacity for charging and is one of the best power banks in India. It is equipped with torchlight, LG lithium-ion cells, 13000m AH long-lasting battery capacity.
It is actually the cheapest Power Bank on this list and if you are low on money then this is the best budget Power Bank for you! The product comes with a one-year warranty as well. The power saving feature of this product helps to enhance the lifespan of your device and keep it from being damaged.
- iPhone X: 3.1 full charges, Android phone MI A2 : 2.8 full charges, Tablet Samsung A 10.5: 1.1 full charges; Time taken to fully charge Android phone MI A2 : 2.3 hrs, iPhone X : 2 hrs, Tablet Samsung A 10.5: 5.5 hrs
- Full recharge of power bank takes 10-12 hrs using 2A wall charger
- 13000 mAh Capacity
- It comes with dual USB Output Ports 2.1A and 1A
- It comes with Led light with Torch
- Samsung SDI Cells
- The battery conversion capacity is 70-75 percent of the power bank
- The product comes with a one-year Warranty
8. Lenovo 10400mAH Lithium-ion PA10400 – (Best 10000mAh Power Bank)
Lenovo is one of the oldest and most trusted brands in the industry. If you’re on a little low budget and the needless charging times, then the 10,400 mAh battery capacity is for you. It also comes with dual USB ports and quick charging support. It is lightweight, weighing 240g. Lenovo is one such brand that has made its place in the market because of the finest quality and services it provides, and the Lenovo Pa10400 is also top-notch.
- Dual output USB interfaces
- Compatible with all smartphones
- Supports 2 devices charge at one time
- Portable design and lightweight
- Battery type: Lithium-ion
- The product comes with a one-year warranty
9. Pebble PB66 Review 20000mAh
The Pebble brand generally deals with mobile accessories as well as being a travel gadgets maker. Now, it has stated the launch of its movable and tough PB66 20000 mAh bank completely in collaboration with Amazon. The device has a 2.1A output and offers two ports, targeting super-fast charging technology.
The exclusively aimed LED indicator designates the charging status without any hassle of the company titles. Furthermore, the multiple safety devices protect the electronic devices and the power bank from over-charging and over-discharging. The device is also equipped with Grade A+ Li-ion battery. Its 4 LED indicators signify different levels of charging.
- It comes with a 20000 mAH lithium-ion battery
- It is elegant and sleek in design and ideal for bag packers
- It comes with a very high capacity power – 20000 mAH
- The product comes with a 6-month Warranty
- It charges two devices at the same time as it comes with two USB outputs to charge
- It offers protection against short circuits and over-discharging. The world-class chip built into the power bank is not only safe to use but also improves the conversion rate by stabilizing the discharging voltage.
10. Sony CP-V10A/BC Review
Sony is one such brand that needs no introduction in the world of electronics and appliances. The brand itself speaks of the quality it offers to its consumers. It comes with one USB port system. It is Micro USB cable incorporated. It is compatible with other devices comprising Xperia, Cyber-shot, Handycam and Walkman players. The power bank's power-saving features help to enhance the lifespan of your device and keep it from being damaged.
- It comes with one USB port
- It comes with a plastic body charger and is ideal for charging eBooks, tablets, cameras, and smartphones on-the-go battery capacity of 10,000 mAh
- It contains a Sony-manufactured lithium polymer rechargeable battery and it retains 90% of the capacity
What Is A Power Bank?
A power bank is simply a portable device that lets you recharge your phone’s battery anywhere anytime without any USB ports. Nowadays all latest mobile phones come with the USB charging support by which you can use power banks to charge any device that is compatible.
The charging cycles depend mainly on battery capacity. It means you can charge your mobile with a 2500 mAh mobile battery around 4 times with a 10,000 mAh power bank. Once you drain the charge of the PowerBank, you can simply recharge it separately using the power adapter provided with the device.
Different Types of Power Banks
There are different types of power banks available on the market with a special circuit that manages the flow between different devices. The variety includes namely, Universal, Solar, and Old-Style Battery Case.
Irrespective of the type of battery bank, they all are used for the same purpose. They are made with a notion to charge your electronic devices like mobiles, tablets, laptops, digital cameras, etc. The only modification lies in how these power banks are being recharged.
What Features To Compare
Capacity and Output Current
The first and foremost thing you need to consider while selecting a power bank is its capacity. It is measured in mAh. This shows the number of times your mobile device can be charged. The bigger it is, the bigger is the capacity and the heavier the device gets.
Compatibility and Functionality
The second thing you must pay attention to is the functionality and compatibility of the device. In case, you need to charge the mobile device, you should take into notice the models with several USB ports. Several bells and whistles like LED lights indicators will add to the versatility of the use of the device. There are some power banks with additional adapters with the aid of which it is possible to charge even a laptop.
When it comes to the design it should not be overlooked. High capacity power banks are typically bulky and therefore may not suit your day to day needs. On the flip side, a relatively lightweight one can be conveniently carried inside your pocket.
Things to know before Purchasing a Power Bank – Buyer's Guide
The smartphones on the market today, generally, come equipped with larger battery capacities and have a lot of power on offer coupled up with effectual chipsets in comparison to what used to be the standard some years before. Simultaneously, the improvement in battery technology in terms of quick charging, bigger batteries – and related benefits – are nearly quashed by the demands of the consumer that are budding more rapidly.
Below we have mentioned a few things that you need to keep in mind whilst finalizing the power bank you need to purchase for daily usage:
Don’t Long for Larger Capacities
Although several guides are going to instruct you to purchase the largest potential battery capacity within your budget, however, we are going to strongly suggest you to keep your choice modest. A few tradeoffs are moreover convoluted with superior battery capacities.
A Power Bank with a Bigger Capacity would:
- Consume extra time whilst charging
- Be particularly heavy and tough to carry inside the pocket
- Occupy additional space and won’t be easily portable
Frequently, you are going to be using it to charge your tablet and smartphone whilst you using it and you don’t have the option of plugging the device in the wall charger. This signifies that you would have to carry both your power bank and smartphone in your hand at the same time. This might moreover implicate putting both inside the pocket.
In the meantime, the majority of appropriate ones for us are the units offering 5,000 mAh battery capacity. Since many people have access to a wall charger all throughout the day, a battery bank that might be able to charge their phone even 1.5 times would prove to be useful when they are out.
We aren’t saying you must particularly stay away from the large capacity chargers (there are a few well-intended choices as well such as the 16,000mAh Mi power bank), but you must reflect on the attributes such as the weight, dimensions, and shape whilst selecting a large capacity power bank.
A decent-quality power bank is going to provide you with around 75 – 85% charge conversion whilst they are brand-new. This signifies if you possess a 5,000 mAh bank, it is going to completely charge the 3,000 mAh battery phone one time. The proficiency might diverge relying on what kind of USB cable you are utilizing or the rating of the charger you utilize for charging your device.
Charging Ports & LEDs
One more significant thing to ruminate on is the type of totality of ports. The power bank that you select to buy must have no less than one 2A output USB port. Even though we have never come across a state wherein we required charging 2 gadgets concurrently, you might desire to favor 2 charging ports as per your usage.
In case your smartphone comes with a USB Type-C port, you should purchase a USB Type-C power bank or a USB Type-C USB Cable apart from depending on the adapters.
A majority of power banks from prevalent brands are equipped with LED indicators, which are going to tell you about the charge level at all times.
Go for Branded Options
We are going to suggest our users opt for the branded choices, even though it would mean negotiating a touch on the capacity of the battery. There are numerous unknown parameters involved, such as the longevity of the battery, charging time, fast charging support, charge conversion proficiency, corrosion resistance, build quality, etc.
Therefore, you would be more contented with the verified choices. Moreover, ensure buying from an approved retail store to evade purchasing fake products. The best power bank brand is usually always the branded one. They may cost a little more but it's better not to compromise with quality!
Preserve the In-Box Cable
The small USB cable that is provided along with the power bank is an essential asset. The thickness, length, and quality of the charging cable might significantly influence the rate of charge conversion out of the power bank, and thus you must not abandon it like a fragile formality. To get it charged, it would be better to utilize a charger offering the 2A charging current. All buyers should verify the specification no less than 2 times for maximum input current that is accepted by the power bank.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I charge my iPhone with Power Banks?
Yes, many Power Banks come with different types of ports. For example, besides USB, type C ports may also be supported. Look out for one with that feature if you own an iPhone. You can even charge other electronic devices with your Power Banks like tabs and laptop!
2. Can I choose the Colour?
Yes, most brands give you choice as to what color you want. Typically, black and white colors are given as choices, but there can be other colors such as red.
3. Should I opt for a heavy and durable Power Bank?
Why not? That would ensure that your Power Bank is durable and can withstand a few bumps and scratches without showing for them. HOWEVER, the heavier and bulkier your it is, the harder it is to carry around. We recommend you buy a Power Bank which is small enough to carry in your pocket.
4. How long does a Power Bank take to charge completely?
It depends on the battery capacity it has. The battery power is written on its name, so you know firsthand how much power capacity the Power Bank has. Typically, 1,000 mAh takes around 1 hour to charge, but if you have a Fast Charger, the time is reduced. From our reviews, we have seen that it takes around 8-10 hours for a 20,000 mAh Power Bank.
5. Should I buy a Power Bank with a big battery power?
We do not recommend you buying a Power Bank with large battery capacity if you do not need it. Reason? The bigger the battery capacity, the bulkier it will be, and the less portable is the product. So, think about what you want: power or portability?
A Final Word
After a lengthy discussion of what makes for a good power bank and what things to look out for, we would just like to conclude by saying one thing.
The price and battery capacity shouldn't matter much. You can get the Best Power Bank India that suits you most by buying a cheap one with low battery capacity, or you may have to buy a high-end one. What matters is to find out what suits you, which is why we have given you a wide range of Power Banks to choose from.
So grab your phone (or your laptop or tab or whatever electronic device you own) a lifeline, or multiple lifelines, by buying a good Power Bank!
Last updated on 2021-07-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API