Often you must have experienced at home that during the summer season, the rooms or spaces in which the air conditioner or any other cooling appliance hasn’t been installed remain vacant. In situations in which a relative visits your place, your guest room might not be as comfortable as your own bedroom, which might become a bit awkward. Therefore, in such circumstances, the Portable Air Conditioners might come to your rescue as they don’t require any installation and can be placed in any room which you want to cool.
The Portable ACs, apart from just portability, provide you with features like the auto-drain function, different operation modes, dehumidifier, digital operation, and remote control, which certainly makes them the ideal choice. Therefore, for the interested people, we have screened out the best models out of the wide lineup available on the market. Furthermore, to ease up the decision-making process, we have provided a comprehensive buying guide for purchasing the best portable AC as well.
The portable air conditioner has the great advantage that you can move it to those places in the house that you need to air condition at all times, with performance similar to that of fixed air conditioning equipment.
Its working is very easy: portable air conditioner sucks warm air from the room, which goes into the machine throughout slots. Warm air circulates inside the appliance and cools thanks to the refrigerant pipes inside. After that, it expelled the cooled air inside the room. A fraction of the air, which does not get cool, must be barred to the exterior, so it must be located next to a window.
Generally, portable air conditioners are noisier than fixed air conditioners, so if you need to air-condition a bedroom, a fixed air conditioner is advisable since it is quieter: 24 decibels of sound pressure.
Below are some well know portable air conditioner and their best features!
Best Portable Air Conditioners – Reviews
For all the people who want to have the convenience of taking their air conditioner to the room in which they want to rest, this portable AC from DeLonghi America is going to serve them in the best possible manner with its amazing transportability. It offers you the amazing cooling since this 14,000 BTU Portable AC comprises a full-utility remote control to change the settings to the desired one. There isn’t any requirement to expense power for suitability since this portable AC is capable of cooling bigger rooms or workplaces even above 350 square feet owing to its 14,000 BTUs of cooling dominance.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Offers 14,000 BTUs of cooling power for a soothing experience
- Doesn’t consume a lot of electricity like customary air cons
- Restarts automatically in case of a power cut or power failure
- Appropriate to cool even the larger spaces with an area above 350 sq. ft.
- The self-evaporative system helps in getting rid of the humidity
From room to room, the NewAir 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control is the ideal climate control solution for your home. With a sleek contemporary design, this standalone portable unit blends with any room decor. Its automatic ventilation technology allows you to enjoy each fresh air by circulating it more efficiently so that no hot spot is spared. Its automatic evaporation system allows continuous use and with the 24-hour programmable timer, you can control the temperature even when you're not there.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- A portable air conditioner with automatic evaporation system
- 12,000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 standard) / 5500 BTU (DOE 2017 standard)
- Uses a standard 115-volt / 15-amp electrical outlet (6-foot power cord), window installation kit
- Cools rooms up to 150 square feet with dehumidification up to 1.8 liters per hour. Indicator full of water
- Top tilted air discharge with self-rotating baffles helps eliminate hot spots
Air conditioning allowing flexible control of the exhaust system of the window of the exhaust pipe guaranteed by manual. Automatic shut-off timer from 1 to 24 hours Powerful airflow (147 cfm) Quiet operation (54 dbA) Washable slide filter (side access) Swivel wheels allow the unit to be rolled from room to room Height 24.40 Width 19.49 Depth 14.17 Weight 52.03 Colour White Operating System Batteries Provided Batteries Required Number of Batteries 2 Battery Type AAA Alkaline (NOT supplied) Language English Assembly required.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- The 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner cools surfaces above 300 square feet
- Dehumidification up to 60.8 pints per day
- LED digital display and fully functional remote control
- 1-24 hour automatic on/off timer
- Powerful airflow and quiet operation (54 dbA)
This portable air conditioner has a smooth, up to date design, cooling, and dehumidification zones. Featuring 3 in 1 technology, this portable air conditioner provides optimal cooling and dehumidification. It also has a function reserved for fans. The fully functional remote control allows you to control every function of the room. Unlike a fixed alternating current, this unit requires no permanent installation and four swivel wheels facilitate mobility between zones. In addition, the self-evaporation system allows hours of continuous operation without water or water flow or bucket. This MN10CESBB comes with everything you need, including a flexible exhaust pipe and easy-to-install vent kit. The window gives vent to can be separate when the unit is not it makes use of.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Powerful, safe and reliable – cools rooms up to 350-450 square feet. Thermal overload protection for added security and peace of mind.
- Easy install & maintenance- Washable filter designed to protect from dust and hair to prolong product life and performance. The filter is easy to clean under a faucet for easy maintenance. Complete window kit included for quick and easy installation for vertical and horizontal windows (maximum pipe length is 4 feet).
- Designed for comfort- Enjoy simple digital control with 3-speed ventilation, 24-hour energy-saving timer and remote control included
- 3 in 1 appliance – Powerful cooling in summer, dehumidifier for wet days (eliminates up to 66 pints / 24 hours with continuous drain option for long unattended operation), the fan circulates air for daily comfort.
Do not get a good night's sleep because of the high temperatures when you arrive at home with the air conditioner. It has 4 control modes with 4 wheels through which the transfer from one place to the other becomes super easy. Additionally, with the cooling capacity being at the higher end and the cool-only feature, the user may keep any level of heat at bay by just switching on this top-quality portable air conditioner.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Evaporation system without the bucket
- Electric control panel with digital remote control
- 4 modes control: fan / cool / dehumidifier / auto
- 4 casters, window exhaust kit included
The Portable Air Conditioners offer us the utility and features that we have always been waiting for, which is the ability to take the air conditioner together with you, wherever and whenever you go. This product is transportable, really powerful, easy to use, and very easy to maintain as well.
Now, since we have offered all the analysis and reviews on the Top 5 Portable Air Conditioners in India, our users would feel really comfortable and at ease while choosing one of the products that we have listed and described above. Even then, if there are some users who are still having any sort of problem, confusion, or difficulty in choosing the best portable air conditioner, then they should go with our personal recommendation.
The portable air conditioner that we suggest to our customers is the Honeywell 1.15 Ton Portable AC (Copper, HPAC14WG3, White) as it comprises of the best features available in the market. This portable AC is eco-friendly, CFC-free, Lead-free, and really energy-efficient as well. So, buy this amazing portable air conditioner and change the way you cool your home or office.
Portable Air Conditioners Buyer’s Guide
The Portable ACs allows you to appropriately cool down a room devoid of any difficult installation procedure. You must go through this buying guide to discover the one that is going to assist you in making your home really comfortable and relaxing.
Portable Air Conditioners – Advantages
These appliances suck in the air inside the room, makes it cool, and guides it back inside your room, expelling the hot air outside by means of an exhaust pipe that you need to install in a window. The controls that have been provided on the unit offer you the ability to regulate the settings like the fan speed or the temperature.
The Portable Air Conditioner is a humble yet multipurpose alternative to those central air conditioners as well as the window ACs. Intended to cool down any single room, it's comparatively stress-free to install and might be a nice option for all those rooms without any standing cooling system or the rooms you don't require cooling constantly. It might further supplement the bigger systems and assist in cooling the studio apartment or rentals where you're incapable of setting up those permanent units.
Relaxed installation and the portability offered by the compact design as well as the wheels permit you to carry the AC from any room to the other and reinstall it without much of an effort.
Selecting the Correct Portable Air Conditioner
The precise and the best air conditioner allow you to cool down a room in a really effective manner. An undersized model might not be able to cool pretty effectively whilst the one which is really large is not going to eradicate a lot of humidity, which might make the air feel damp. To discover an appropriate portable air conditioner, calculate the entire area of the room which you require cooling. You further require knowing the BTU (British Thermal Unit) rating of the AC, which specifies the quantity of heat it might be able to eliminate out of the room. A higher BTU signifies enhanced cooling performance for a bigger space or room. For reference we have provided a chart below with the room size together with the appropriate BTU rating:
- Up to 450 sq ft: look for a 13,000-BTU unit
- Up to 400 sq ft: look for a 12,000-BTU unit
- Up to 300 sq ft: look for a 10,000-BTU unit
- Up to 200 sq ft: look for an 8,000-BTU unit
You must always bear in mind that with an increase in the BTU rating, the weight, as well as the size of the air conditioner, get increased.
Features of Portable Air Conditioners
You might be capable of finding an air conditioner comprising of several functions apart from just the mere cooling function. The dehumidifier mode eliminates the moisture present in the air deprived of cooling. The fan feature just makes the air circulate evenly inside the room. A few portable ACs offer the heating feature, permitting you to hold onto a comfortable temperature all throughout the year. Ensure that you organize the unit for every single mode that it has on offer. For instance, the cooling mode needs a hot air exhaust, whilst the dehumidifier feature needs the contact with a drain to eliminate the moisture that the unit amasses. In case the portable air conditioner comprises a heating function, the heating unit is going to possess a distinct BTU rating, signifying that the room size that it is suitable for might be separate.
Some additional features provided by a Portable Air Conditioner are:
- Since the air conditioner cools down the air present in the room, it further eliminates the moisture. The water gets collected inside the unit in a chamber. The self-evaporating ACs diminishes the requirement draining this water out.
- An automatic timer allows you to set the switch off and on time for the AC at precise times, which assists you in reducing the consumption of energy since the AC operates for a definite time period only.
- The availability of a remote control further enhances the user experience — you can also regulate the settings and turn off or on your air conditioner from anywhere inside the room.
- A lamp-off function allows you to turn the panel display lights off so that they don't turn the room awkwardly bright at the nighttime.
Maintenance & Setup
You must choose a position adjacent to any window and should have a power outlet nearby. Make a note that the producer might state that you need to plug the device straight into the power outlet without making use of an extension cord. The setup process is comparatively quick as well as stress-free and must require only a screwdriver to get it done. You should install the ACs adaptable window panel and attach the exhaust pipe or tube. Permit the unit to stand in an upright position for nearly an hour and it's all set to function.
- The Portable ACs needs have really simple maintenance. Note that you must disconnect the AC from power outlet prior to beginning the maintenance process.
- Then you need to drain the water out of the unit if required. Relying on the conditions, also those self-evaporating portable air conditioners might require draining.
- Further, you must wash its air filter within a time period of 2 weeks or as the manufacturer has stated in the user manual or guide.
The user must also wipe down the AC on a regular basis using a damp cloth to eliminate the accumulated dust. Also, wipe down the surplus moisture using any dried cloth.
- 1 Best Portable Air Conditioners – Reviews
- 2 DeLonghi America 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- 3 Check Price on Amazon
- 4 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 5 NewAir AC-12200H 12,000 Btu Portable Air Conditioner & Heater
- 6 Check Price on Amazon
- 7 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 8 Honeywell 1.15 Ton Portable AC (Copper, HPAC14WG3, White)
- 9 Check Price on Amazon
- 10 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 11 Honeywell MN10CESBB 10000 Btu Portable Air Conditioner (Black)
- 12 Check Price on Amazon
- 13 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 14 Garrison 2477821 Portable Cool-Only Air Conditioner (White)
- 15 Check Price on Amazon
- 16 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 17 Personal Suggestion
- 18 Check Price on Amazon
- 19 Portable Air Conditioners Buyer’s Guide
- 20 Portable Air Conditioners – Advantages
- 21 Selecting the Correct Portable Air Conditioner
- 22 Features of Portable Air Conditioners
- 23 Maintenance & Setup