Does your area often experience power-cuts or power failures? Here we have reviewed the Best Inverter in India, which is going to make sure that you don’t get out of energy at the time of power cuts. To get rid of those blackouts during power failures, we have listed some Inverters you can get. All the inverters listed in our review offer the best quality and long-lasting power backups to the customer.
Buying an inverter is definitely the need of the hour since, during the summer season in India, a power failure or power cut is a really common instance or scene. All the inverters that we have listed and reviewed down here are the best models as far as the available options are concerned. After going through the detailed analysis, we are pretty certain that choosing an inverter for your home would not be that tough a task to perform. If you want to save up on the electricity bill, you can take a look at the solar inverters. They get charged with solar power so they are pretty economical!
Editor's Picks: 5 of the Top Inverter Brands In India
The Best Inverters in India You Can Buy Today
1. Sukam Shark 1600Va Home UPS Inverter (FADHUPSHQW024AA0160001) Multicolor
This is an amazing Digital UPS System for your house that functions like an Inverter and a UPS, which helps you save a lot of space as well as energy. This merely signifies that when you are going to use the Shark Digital UPS you won’t require buying a UPS system distinctively for your computer or other profound appliances or devices. It is suitable for the devices that need a constant power supply of appropriate specification so that they can function seamlessly.
- Comprises of an excellent EMC design
- Minimal system voltage programmed recognition
- Provides highly efficient series PWM charging
- Efficient in increasing the life of the battery
- Utilizes MOSFET as an electronic switch
2. Microtek Ups 24Ã—7 Hb 1125Va Hybrid Sinewave Inverter
This Microtek UPS Sinewave Inverter is a really superior electronic appliance that comprises of manifold features including an incorporated Bypass Switch along with an effective Battery Gravity Management. Since this inverter for home is from Microtek Pure Sinewave UPS, it certainly doesn’t generate any sort of humming sound and has been suggested for making all your sensitive or profound appliances work seamlessly for hours during powercuts.
- Packer: UNIVERSAL POWER PRODUCT , PLOT NO. 20 & 20B, Sector-2, Parwanoo Distt : Solan HIMACHAL PRADESH 173220 ; +91 7283838383
- Comprises of an effective 1125 Volt-Ampere capacity
- Comes with powerful Hybrid Technology
- Provides noiseless and superior performance
- The IBGM Technology increases its battery life
- Offers an elegant design to suit any setting
3. Amaron Hi Life Pro 900Va Pure Sinewave Home Ups Inverters
This Sinewave Inverter from Amaron is an inverter that is provided for a really reasonable cost and supports every single kind of appliances. It is absolutely soundless and once it senses a power failure, it automatically switches to the battery mode. This inverter provides an intense power support for every appliance in your house. It comprises of visual pointers along with a useful overload alarm. Hence, you will be able to bid adieu to those gloomy power cuts using this remarkable inverter.
- Functions on the pure Sinewave technology
- Operates noiselessly and saves a lot of energy
- Amaron offers an onsite service for the users
- Offers 10 years warranty on the transformer
- Consumes nominal energy to charge the battery
4. Crompton CGHU-800SW 800VA Pure Sine Wave Home UPS
Crompton is a brand that has recently gained a lot of popularity in the Indian market owing to the extensive range of electronic appliances that they have provided. This Sine wave UPS for Home usage has been pretty elegantly and smartly designed by Crompton so as to appeal every customer. It comes with an amazing feature that can protect the battery from high charging and deep discharging. It further comprises of an automatic sense intelligent control smart charger.
- DSP based design and stable sine wave output voltage and frequency
- MOSFET based PWM technology and selector switch for normal/UPS mode
- Stable Sine Wave output voltage and frequency
- Comes with a MOSFET based PWM technology
- Deep discharge and high charging protection of battery
- Comprises of a high surge load capacity
- Silent home UPS with no humming noise
5. APC 1500 VA 1200-Watt Sine Wave Home UPS-Inverter (Black)
This 1500VA home-UPS from APC provides one of the most dependable methods to overcome power failures. Intended particularly for severe Indian power circumstances, the innovative BI1500SINE-IN delivers pure sine wave standby power for home appliances such as TV sets, home theatres, audio systems, gaming consoles, and for fans and lighting. Therefore, this inverter helps you to do away with any sort of problem in case of power cuts.
- Designed for harsh indian power conditions
- Child safe, shock proof, short circuit protection
- Comes with short circuit protection & shock-proof
- Comprises of the most stable Sine Wave Technology
- Compatible with every single kind of battery
- An elegant design to go with any home setting
- Provides uninterrupted power supply & saves energy
6. Microtek Static Converter UPS SEBz 1100 V2 Sinewave Technology
Microtek is a company that deals in several electronic appliances that are capable of providing the best quality and performance. This UPS/Inverter from Microtek comes with the effective Sine Wave Technology to provide you a stable power output to run your appliances without any problem. Microtek offers a 2-year warranty on this product from which you can get an idea about the quality of the device. The design of this powerful inverter from Microtek is going to go with any sort of home setting.
- Customers from west bengal should have to provide form-50
- To the transporter else we are unable to deliver the product
- Sophisticated design with powerful performance
- Provides a consistent and effective output voltage
- Comes with the effectual Sine Wave Technology
- Power factor regulated Boost Technology efficacy
- Avoids short-circuit and deep discharging of battery
7. Exide 850Va Pure Sinewave Home Ups Inverter – Digital Display
Exide is a really popular brand as far as batteries, UPS, and inverters are concerned. This sine wave Home UPS inverter from Exide offers you high-class protection inbuilt inside the PCB. It further offers a high-speed microprocessor which provides the grid quality power similar to the mains. The LCD display provides you a visual of the condition of the battery, voltage, as well as the charge. It comes with the Auto Sense Intelligent Control that adjusts the charging current as per the requirement of the battery.
- Protection: High quality protection built up in the PCB
- DSP (Digital Signal Processor) based Sine Wave Home UPS – A high speed microprocessor for Grid Quality Power same as Mains
- Comprises of an LCD display for better user interface
- Digital signal processor based on Sine Wave Technology
- The auto sense intelligent control senses the battery condition
- Electrolyte level sensor indicator for low water level
- Minimizes water topping & increases battery life
8. Luminous 1500VA Zelio + 1700 Sine Wave Inverter (Black & Blue)
This is a powerful and stylish UPS Inverter for your home that has been recently launched on the Indian market. This UPS/Inverter from Luminous has been ranked India's most intellectual Home UPS that offers several features like the Power support time display (Hours & Minutes), Stress-free water level sensing, MCB security, and comes with a Bypass Switch which constantly supplies output out of the Grid even when there is a fault in the inverter.
- Battery: Supports two batteries. The battery can be a flat plate, tubular, VRLA, or SMF
- Inverter Type: Sine wave output ensures the safety of sensitive appliances
- Powerful power supply using Sine Wave Technology
- Ranked the most intelligent UPS/Inverter in India
- Comes with a display for providing power backup time
- Maintains the battery water level without any stress
- Comprises of a helpful Bypass Switch for sustained output
9. Exide ECO 1500VA Home UPS System (White)
This is a really compact yet powerful inverter that offers a seamless power backup at the time of power cuts which happens pretty frequently in Indian conditions. This inverter operates on the Quasi Sine Wave Technology, which helps in providing power supply to your sensitive appliances. It comprises of the Automatic Charging Selection Technology and PFC technology that saves energy using the inbuilt energy saver.
- Provides complete protection against short circuit
- Green Mode shuts down in 10 hours duration
- Provides maximum input mains charging range
- Protects the appliances with the Quasi Sine Wave Technology
- Comes with the gravity profile management
Luminous is a brand that has long been popular within the Indian market for its products such as Inverters, UPS, batteries, etc. From its selection of inverters, we have chosen this model which offers you the best performance along with an amazing array of features. It comes with the effective RBC technology that helps in providing 60 percent faster charging along with an intelligent output load optimization feature. It has been covered with a 2-year warranty.
- Comes with a user selectable switch for battery type
- Charges the battery even when the input voltage is 95 volts
- The RBC technology charges the product 60 percent faster
- Comprises of intelligent output load optimization
- Provides twin output sockets for regular load
There is a wide and extensive assortment of power inverters of various kinds and price ranges that are available on the Indian market. Making a choice among the never-ending options might really be a tedious task to perform. This is the reason why we have provided a list of the Top Inverters for Home in India so that you are able to make a choice without any real fuss.
Even then, if you are facing a problem in choosing one inverter out of the 10 units listed above, you can easily go with our personal suggestion and buy this one:
This is a recently launched and reasonably priced model from Luminous. This inverter model from Luminous comprises of a display that provides the backup time in Hours & Minutes and has a really elegant and compact design.
As the summer season has arrived and the scorching heat is really getting into our skin, we need to have a proper power supply at home so that your comfort doesn’t get hindered. Therefore, to get seamless power supply at a reasonable price all you need to have is a decent quality inverter in your house. Hence, we have listed down the Best Inverters on the market, which are going to provide you with power supply for a decent time interval for utmost relaxation.
How to Choose the Best Power Inverter for Office?
On the market, there are 3 different kinds of inverters – namely, Modified Sine Wave Inverter, the Pure Sine Wave Inverter, and the Square Wave Inverter. The inverter that you are going to select is going to be determined by the range of appliances that are working inside your house. In case you desire to run high-end appliances such as TVs, Computers, etc. on your inverter, then it is a good decision to select the Pure Sine Wave Inverter. In any other case you may opt for the Modified Sine Wave Inverter of the Square Wave Inverter, though keep in mind that these might give rise to a humming noise while it is utilized with induction motors such as the ceiling fans.
The 10 Best Inverters For Office and Home Use
|1||Microtek Hybrid HB1125 24×7 UPS||₹ 9,690 ₹ 4,600||Buy Now On Amazon|
|2||Amaron Hi Life Pro 900Va Pure Sinewave Home Ups Inverters||₹ 6,800||Buy Now On Amazon|
|3||Crompton CGHU-800SW 800VA Pure Sine Wave Home UPS||Buy Now On Amazon|
|4||APC 1500 VA 1200-Watt Sine Wave Home UPS-Inverter (Black)||₹ 13,150 ₹ 5,999||Buy Now On Amazon|
|5||Microtek Static Converter UPS SEBz 1100 V2 Sinewave Technology||₹ 9,790 ₹ 5,199||Buy Now On Amazon|
|6||Exide Technologies 850Va Pure Sinewave Home Ups Inverter - Digital Display||₹ 5,600 ₹ 4,400||Buy Now On Amazon|
|7||Luminous 1500VA Zelio + 1700 Sine Wave Inverter for Home, Office and Shops (Black & Blue)||₹ 12,500 ₹ 7,000||Buy Now On Amazon|
What is the Difference Between a UPS and an Inverter?
Even though often used interchangeably, there is dissimilarity between an inverter and a UPS. The fundamental purpose and construction are definitely the same, and the variance is really minimal, but it does exist.
The disparity between a UPS and an Inverter is found at the time in which it is able to shift to battery power supply at the time of a power failure. A UPS may shift to the battery power within a time lag of 3-5 milliseconds, while an inverter performs the same function within 100 milliseconds. The selection between the two is going to rest on how crucial is the swapping to standby power for the appliances that you desire to fund. For instance, a desktop computer is going to require quicker switching as you might lose data in case it gets switched off even for a short time period.
When considering the UPS systems, there are 2 kinds of UPS – namely, the Online & Offline UPS. The online UPS is a UPS in which the electrical energy is extracted from the battery regardless of the obtainability of power from the primary line. This assures the user of no work loss even for a small time frame while there is a power failure or a power cut. On the other hand, the Offline UPS is one in which the power is extracted from the battery just at the time of a power cut. On all the other occasions, the power is drawn from mains.
What are the Different Kinds of Inverters For Offices on the Market?
Whenever you are looking to purchase an Inverter for your house, you are going to find 3 types of Inverters, which have been described below:
Sine Wave Inverter
In this kind of inverter, rotating AC machinery is responsible for generating power. A majority of electronic appliances are planned or manufactured in such a way that they can function on sine waves. In comparison to the other types of inverters, the sine wave inverters can be nearly 2 to 3 folds more costly. Such inverters function wisely with heftier equipment.
Modified Sine Wave Inverter
In place of a sine wave inverter, the waveform is pretty similar to a square as far as the modified sine wave inverters are concerned. It is going to operate well with a wide variety of electronic appliances. On the other hand, in a few of them, it might diminish the efficiency. This is going to produce minor buzzing, vibrating noises or blurrier fluorescent lights. When compared with sine wave inverters, the modified versions are economical.
Square Wave Inverter
The waveform generated by the square wave inverter is in the form of a square. These inverters are not pretty efficient as far as the working is concerned. They are the most economical amongst all the 3 kinds of inverters available on the market. Having a square-wave inverter, you can solely allow the modest tools equipped with the universal motors to work.
What Is The Actual Role Of An Inverter?
Since you might know previously as well, the functionality of an inverter is to translate one form of energy to the other. But, now you might be thinking as to why we need it?
Simply put, the energy that gets stored inside the battery of an inverter is going to be in the form of DC, which might not be utilized in the form of a backup supply of energy to your home appliances. The inverter helps in translating the Direct Current stored in the inverter battery into AC form and then supplies it as a backup to your appliances in case of a power-cut.
You require comprehending the fact that the inverters might not be capable of delivering the required backup to every single appliance. This is going to rely on the battery’s size in addition to your inverter’s output voltage. This is the actual reason why you require considering every single feature before selecting the best inverter for home.
A majority of Indian families choose inverters which might deliver the needed backup for the fitted lights and fans. To make this happen, a majority of inverters with an average capacity are going to do the job. However, if you are searching for an inverter that can provide the required backup for bigger appliances, you should select the inverter that has a higher capacity on offer.
This moreover signifies that the inverter batteries moreover play a pretty vital role whilst you hit the market to purchase an inverter for your home. Therefore, you should select a battery relying on the backup requirements of your home. The bigger the capacity of the inverter’s battery, the more is going to be the extent of back up that will be delivered by the inverter.
How Can We Increase The Life-Expectancy Of The Inverter Battery?
There are some modest things which you may follow to increase the durability or life-expectancy of your inverter battery:
- Primarily, you need to top up the distilled water in regular intervals of time. Relying on the type of battery as well as the usage pattern, it needs to be replenished every 1-2 months. It would be good if you set a reminder in the calendar of your smartphone or get a habit of checking the level of water after the first month.
- You should constantly apply grease to the socket connections to guard the battery of the inverter from rust decays or corrosion. In case of corrosion, it would be better to do away with it using hot water, old brush, and baking soda.
- Users should always allow the inverter battery to completely discharge on monthly basis and charge it freshly once again. It is going to entirely refresh the electrolyte present inside.
- It would be better to avoid connecting the appliances with heavier loads to your inverter and overdo the gadgets when it isn’t required. Utilizing the home appliances that are energy-efficient would also help in lowering down the overall load on the inverter battery considerably.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which type of inverter is the best?
Speaking in terms of quality, Sine Wave inverters are best. However, we recommend you to buy an inverter according to your needs. If you want to use TV, PC, etc, then opt for Sine Wave inverters. If you simply want to use fans and lights, it is better to go economical and buy a cheap inverter such as a Modified Sine Wave or a Square Wave inverter.
2. How often should I refill water on the inverter battery?
That depends on the size of your inverter, but it is recommended that you refill once every 1-2 months.
3. I am not tech-savvy to be able to clean the inside of the inverter by myself. I am scared. What do I do?
Don't worry about it. Just call for professional help and they will take care of it.
A Final Word
If you ask us, home inverters are some of mankind's greatest inventions. We remember days when we used to use candles and lamps during powercuts at night, which used to happen A LOT. Even though now electricity is much more widespread and consistent, there are times, especially at summer, when we cannot simply do without inverters. So go buy an inverter for home now before summer tortures you into regretting it!
Last updated on 2020-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API