Water is one of the most precious assets available to humanity, to the point that it is essential for life. However, water can also contain and transport microorganisms and bacteria that can cause serious health problems (including high mortality rates in the third world). Fortunately, there are currently solutions to clean the water of impurities, as is the case of water purifiers. Don’t forget to check our top water purifiers listed down below.
- Tips for buying a Gravity Based Water Purifiers
- What should you know before buying filters for drinking water?
- Best Gravity Based Water Purifier – Reviews
- Tata Swach Desire + 27-Litre Gravity Based Water Purifier
- TTK Prestige Tattva 2.0 Copper 16-Liter Water Purifier (Brown)
- Blue Mount Magna 18 L Water Purifier (White and Blue)
- Livpure Fit Gravity 9-Litre Water Purifier
- Prestige Non-Electric Acrylic Water Purifier Pswp 2.0, 18 L
- Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Amrit 20-Litre Water Purifier
- RAMA Gravity 8-Litre (16-Litre combined), 304-Grade water Purifier
- Pureit Classic 23-Litre Water Purifier
- KENT Gold 20-Litres UF technology based Gravity Water Purifier
- Personal Recommendation
Tips for buying a Gravity Based Water Purifiers
Buying a Gravity Based Water Purifiers may seem like a simple task. However, we must take into account several considerations that we will discuss right now.
Assess water needs
- Depending on your needs, the first choice will be between a POE system or a POU system.
- POE water purifier
- It is used to treat all the water in your home. Thus, you will have pure water to drink, but you will also wash your hair with water without lime or you will water the plants with water rich in minerals. All the exits of your house will provide water already treated by the device.
- It is placed in places where the water in the net is so badly treated that it dries out the skin or hair, which is cloudy, etc.
POU water purifier
It treats the water in the point where it is going away to consume, the reason why it will not purify all the water of the house but only the tap of the kitchen, the artichoke of the shower, etc. It only affects the exit where you place it, not the rest.
It is installed in places with less polluted water, so we continue to use conventional water for our activities, but we reserve an outlet for purified water to drink or for what we consider.
Depending on the number of contaminants in the water and its typology, one or the other water purifier can serve you.
As we have said, too contaminated water will not be suitable for any domestic use, and in this case, it would be necessary to install a POE system. However, this situation does not happen often.
For less contaminated water, with few pathogens, a POU system will suffice. In this way, you will only have to purify the water you drink, well, yes! The water we drink should NEVER be contaminated, not even a little. Health is not played!
What should you know before buying filters for drinking water?
There is a wide variety of filters for drinking water of different brands available in the market. We have established some parameters that you should check before buying drinking water filters.
It is very important to know the source of your water supply, as this will help you to know the type of impurities contained in your water or the amount of salt dissolved in your supply. The level of TDS (total dissolved salt) varies according to the type of supply and the selection of the filter depends on the level of TDS. The main component of TDS are calcium, phosphate, nitrate, etc. and heavy metals such as lead, mercury, arsenic, etc. that seriously affect your health, since our body is not made to digest these substances.
These substances also made the hard water, which is very unfit for drinking; the purifiers like the RO can easily convert their hard water into soft by removing these hard components from the water of your water source.
Based on your TDS or supply level, we can easily determine the required filter technology. Or if you have difficulty identifying your type of supply, you can use the TDS meter or request the home demonstration of the water purifier, they will tell you your TDS level and the type of filter that is convenient for you.
UF (Ultra Filtration)
Some water purifiers do not require electricity or energy for their operation. Some water purifier is suitable for areas, where there is no power. These are also called water purifier based on gravity as the water from the higher chamber passes from the filtration and comes to the lower chamber. But these purifiers are not suitable for hard water, cannot eliminate dissolved salts, can eliminate germs, viruses, bacteria.
Osmotized Water Purifier
It is suitable for the treatment of hard water, both for domestic and official use where the level of TDS is higher. The Osmotized Water purifier will remove all heavy metals, dissolved salts and bacteria also make the water soft. You can reduce the TDS level from 1000 to 20-30.
Best Gravity Based Water Purifier – Reviews
Are you eyeing for a water purifier that simply purifies water without using any harmful chemical then look no further than Tata Swach Desire. It’s made with an unbreakable material, long-lasting and scratch resistant. It comes with a new filter cartridge technology to get the best form of purified water. With a decent capacity of 27 Liters, this model is an ideal choice. This water purifier is elegant, performance oriented and cost-effective at the same time.
Why we recommend it
- It’s one-of-a-kind in the world – i.e. a gravity-driven desktop ultra-filtration
- It gives life up to 6000 liters
- Up to 1.5 years of cartridge life
- It is known to work at a wide range of pH (5.5 – 9.0) and TDS (up to 1500 ppm)
- It’s Anti-biofouling – a better life and less frequent need for intervention
- It offers a high flow rate of 5 to 6 liters per hour
With the highest filtration rate and that too chemical free, this water purifier is one of the best among the listed water purifiers. Not only this copper storage containers are anti-microbial which removes bacteria and offers oodles of health benefits. With Copper it brings the richness of Indian tradition and that’s what makes it super special. It helps in enhancing digestion, slows down ageing process and to a certain extent stops the growth of harmful bacteria. It eventually boosts the immune system, gives a strong foundation to your bones and infuses supply of fresh blood. This is in totality increases the metabolism and the flirtation rate.
TTK Prestige uses advanced FACT Filters, made by using multiple adsorbents which are immobilized by fibrillated fibers. These comparatively small fibers are known to produce a larger pore area. This ultimately results in an overall drop of pressure with a higher dirt capacity. This gives the filter longer life as compared to other water purifiers.
Why we recommend it
- High Filtration Rate- Prestige Water Purifier Tattva promises an average filtration rate of 9L per hour.
- Removes Bacteria, Viruses, Protozoa, and Cysts- The filter inside the Water Purifier removes up to 99.99% of pathogenic bacteria and water-borne viruses.
- Chemical-Free Purification- The filtration process does not use chemicals making it very safe for you and your family.
- Copper Storage Container – Tattva brings with it the goodness of Indian tradition, with a copper storage container. Copper, with its natural antimicrobial properties, further kills bacteria and imparts additional health benefits.
- Capacity- Prestige Water Purifier Tattva has sixteen liters capacity and lasts up to 1500L of water purification.
The Blue Mount Magna helps in removing dust, color, odor, bacteria, virus, and cysts, bearing mineral gravity purification technology. It is made of safe material as it is food grade, unbreakable and non-toxic engineering plastic. This model from Blue mount is easy to maintain and install that makes it ideal to fit any kitchen, is non-electric and has built-in high storage of 18 L. It requires no running water and purifies low TDS water providing you high flow rate.
Why we recommend it
- This purifier from Blue Mount is non-electric it is low on running and works well in families which have long power-cuts; therefore your water purification need is not reliant on electricity.
- It’s beautiful and ergonomically designed classy white color with the transparent tank, the modular tank-in-tank design and lightweight, ideal to be positioned on your tabletop or carried anywhere.
- This water which you get after the purification process is barren from damaging micro-organisms such as bacteria and cysts, apart from other impurities like dust, sand, and chlorine. Magna eliminates chlorine, organic chemicals, spiteful odor & colours and increases the taste of water.
- This purifier comes with a built-in storage pure water tank of 10.8 liters and raw water tank of 7.2 liters guaranteeing the unceasing supply of filtered water even in the lack of electricity or running tap water.
- All plastic parts are 100% food grade, resilient plastic mechanisms safeguarding that no harmful chemicals leech into purified water and it rests safe and pure while in the purifier for long period. No chemicals such as chlorine, bromine or iodine are castoff for purification of water.
Get the purest drinking water by Livepure Gravity 9 Liter, uses USEPA disinfection technology along with virus protection and enjoy the benefits of safe drinking water.
Why we recommend it
- It comes with a 4 stage purification process
- It requires no electricity
- This model offers Virus protection
- Kitanu guard
- USEPA registered disinfection technology
- Kitanu guard has been designed to give up to 2000 liters of purified water at room temperature
- It comes with a decent capacity of 9 liters
- The product comes with a one year on the product
Prestige water purifiers are known for offering chemical less water. It helps in removing purification space saving a high filtration rate which lasts up to 1500 ltrs fact.
Why we recommend it
- Details: 100% chemical less
- Purification space saving design high filtration rate, 9ltrs per hour log 6:4:3 purification
- Removes bacteria, viruses, protozoa and cysts total capacity of 18ltrs
- Lasts up to 1500 ltrs fact (fabrillated adsorbent cellulose technology)
Creating a carefree and safe environment is one of the first and the foremost priority when you have a family. Eureka Forbes is backed by the latest technological innovation by keeping in mind the design and good health requirements. This water purifier with Kitanu Magnet is your reliable shield against water-borne diseases.
Why we recommend it
- This model is known to naturally shut-off and always make sure ‘Safe water or No Water' by stopping the flow of water when the cartridge life is over
- It comes with a decent 20 Liter storage – So you don’t need to refill multiple times
- It offers a sleek and elegant design
- It’s made from food-grade non-toxic plastic
- There is no need for boiling, electricity or running water
- It follows a simple cleaning process – holds under running water
- The water is cleansed by 3 Stages of Purification
No wonder, water is a fundamental human need. Polluted water isn’t just muted—it’s poisonous. Numbers suggest, 1.8 million people die every year of diarrheal diseases like Cholera. Familiarizing the most premium gravity-based water purifier in the world, the RAMA Gravity. It’s a brand that has offered consistent services for over a decade and continues to support the same.
Why we recommend it
- It comes with a lower chamber capacity – 8 Ltrs (2-4 people). Total Capacity – 17 Litres
- It also includes 2 Rama Spirit candles – Silver impregnated ceramic with an activated carbon core. UK Technology, Made in India using imported materials.
- It helps in removing harmful chemicals, bad tastes, odors. It removes 99.99% bacteria, 100% particles > 0.9 micron. Prevent Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonellosis, Leptospirosis, Dysentery, E.Coli infections and many more
- It filters up to 4 Liters per hour using additional 2 candles. No plastic taste.
- It comes with a 10 years warranty on the Stainless Steel – 304 Grade, Rust-free, Mirror Polished, Best in the World
Pureit brings to you a practical water purifier with large storage capacity to make sure you and your family always drink pure water, without any hassle.
Why we recommend it
- It helps in Virus removal
- It is activated carbon trap
- HIPS/ABS body
- It’s multi-Stage Purification
- It comes with a break-Resistance tap
- A water purifier that doesn’t run on electricity or expensive gas to purify water. It doesn’t even require a continuous water supply.
- It gives you an advance warning before the Germkill Kit needs to be changed.
Kent is unquestionably most protuberant brands of healthcare products in the world. Being the healthcare products manufacturing company, it holds its prophecy in making the world a healthy and happy place to live in. With this notion, RO was originated and brought the revolutionary Reverse Osmosis (RO) technology to India. It has also presented many technically cutting-edge healthcare products starting from Water Purifiers to Air Purifiers and from Vegetable and Fruit Purifiers to Water Softeners.
Kent offers a decent range of water purifiers that are sold across the globe. Kent Gold gravity-based water purifier is a favored choice by all. The model comes with sophisticated design, groundbreaking technology, and easy processes and appealingly it became the best water purifier that is esteemed by all. It has exceptional purification capacity and this makes sure that you would be able to drink clean and pure water every time you wish.
Why we recommend it
- Gravity-Based Water Purifier- Kent Gold is gravity based water purifier that added with ultrafiltration technology.
- 20 Liters of Storage capacity- The model has 20 liters of storage capacity divided with 7 liters for raw water and 13 liters for purified water.
- Kent Gold works deprived of electricity and does not use any chemicals to cleanse the water.
- NSF, CE, and WQA Gold Seal Certified- Kent Gold holds CE, NSF and WQA gold seal certification ensuring the product is meticulously tested and observe with all the testing standards.
- Food Grade Plastic Construction- The model is intended with food grade non-breakable plastic that makes sure high durability and longer life.
- The unique UF membrane housing is spin-welded by using up-to-date technology that safeguards high-quality permanent joints, prevents interfering and recovers membrane life.
- This model from Kent Gold has a Hollow Fibre Hydrophilic UF membrane with 0.1 Microns that guards bacteria or cysts to pass through and get into the purified water.
Being smart consumers never ever compromise the quality of daily-use products you buy because of the money. Appreciated helmets are easily obtainable on the Internet if you’re on a budget. If you are having a hard time finding one, we have identified a good option for you KENT Gold 20-Litres UF technology based Gravity Water Purifier is a worthwhile, performance oriented and a reasonable product. It is also tough and has a well-engineered design that will help you offer the best safety solutions ever for years to come.