It becomes very hard to dry your clothes in the winter season or when we don't have the access to direct sunlight. This is why we need dryers that can help us dry the clothes faster even without direct sunlight. In this post, we have come up with the Best Clothes Dryer in India that will get your clothes dried up within minutes!
Buying the right device for washing clothes is important. Washing clothes is a time-consuming task without a washing machine or a washer-dryer; it can be very taxing and takes up a lot of strength, effort, and time. While buying a washing machine device, it's essential to know which device is the most convenient, efficient, and affordable choice available in the market.
The following are the differences between regular washing machines and washer dryers for customers to make an informed choice. Don’t forget to check out our list of the Best Dryer Washing Machines.
Before diving into the list, let’s talk a bit about the difference washing machines and washing dryer.
Differences Between Washing Machine And Washer Dryer
A washing machine is usually one compact device that washes the clothes whereas the washer dryer is often two separate devices: one that washes the clothes and one that dries the clothes. A washing machine is more ideal for limited space whereas a washer dryer which are two machines require a separate laundry space and is a good option for people who have a lot of space. Sometimes a washer dryer comes in a combo form in one machine but that machine is also more bulkier as compared to regular washing machines.
How it Works
A washing machine has discs, plates, and agitators that wash the clothes in the drum in both top loading and front loading systems. It sometimes has a spin dry option that partially dries the clothes.
In a washer dryer system, the combo washer dryer has one machine and a large drum to wash and then air dry the clothes. When washers and dryers are in separate machines, the washer has a smaller drum and a dryer has a larger drum for the same capacity as dryers require more space to completely dry clothes using hot air in a tumble dryer.
Usually, a regular washing machine is generally much more affordable to buy than a washer dryer. This makes it convenient to buy for people with budgets at different price points. Washer dryers are much more useful for people who can buy a laundry system at a higher price and those who have more space in their home.
The drum size of a washing machine is very different from that of a dryer. A dryer needs more drum space than a washing machine because, in a tumble dryer, clothes dry in dry air and require more space for rotation. Contrary to that, the drum is smaller in a regular washing machine because the clothes need to rub against each other in a smaller space for them to be cleaned.
In a regular washing machine, there is at times a two in one option that washes and dries the clothes one after the other in the same drum. This is ideal for people who want these two features in one machine that is cheaper and takes up less space. However, a separate tumble dryer is a good choice as it dries the clothes much better and a separate washer dryer option helps get through a lot of laundries simultaneously. When one load is washing in the washer, another can dry in the dryer.
There are many differences between a washer dryer system and a regular washing machine. The price points for the same capacity are different and the system of functioning is also different. Laundry systems of different combinations and different mechanisms are available all over the world. There are many top brands in the global market and many countries have local brands that also sell quality products in these categories. Separate clothes dryers to dry clothes are a convenient choice if there is a lot of laundry which needs to completely dry in a fast process.
Editor's Picks: 3 of The Best Clothes Dryer In India
The Best Clothes Dryers In India You Can Buy Today
1. IFB 5.5 kg Dryer Review
IFB is a great brand when it comes to appliances and we have reviewed washing machines from IFB before and now comes the time for dyers! An efficient dryer from IFB 5.5 Kg Maxi Dryer 550 is made keeping the Indian scenario in mind. It is an ideal machine that comes with qualities like hygienic drying and has a capacity of 5.5 kg. It offers 6 different drying programs for different fabrics and it helps in automatically setting optimum heat intensity for the drying purpose. This machine ensures proper cleaning of the cloth; thus clothes are fresh all the time. It works efficiently on wet clothes in the monsoon season.
With the help of spinner’s clockwise and anti-clockwise rotational movements, clothes dry faster and more efficiently than before. It preserves clothes from the UV rays and does not wash away the colour of the clothes. This machine passes cool air through the clothes, ensuring freshness of the clothes. The machine also helps in removal of lint and hair from the garments. It comes attached with 2 way top and side adjustable air flow.
The washing machine is made up of top quality stainless steel. The IFB dryer comes with a two-year warranty. The machine has a plastic material body with a transparent lid. Its silver colour adds a touch of class to the décor. Its unique airflow system ensures efficiency and its single polo micro door switch makes it an ideal purchase.
- Fully-automatic dryer, apecialized dryer with better drying as compared to front loader; no washing function
- Capacity 5.5 kg :suitable for bachelors & couples
Why we recommend it?
- 6 Drying Programs – Choose the perfect drying programs based on the fabric type or how wet the clothes are. These 6 dry care programs set optimum heat intensity and drying time at the mere turn of the dial.
- Anti-Crease – Auto Reverse drying cycle- Enjoy creaseless, dry clothes. Your dryer's gentle clockwise and anti-clockwise rotation action along with a stream of gentle hot and cool air ensures crease free drying.
- Higher Drum Volume – Reduce your drying cycles as IFB 100% Clothes Dryers now come with a 5.5 Kg capacity drum that allows you to dry larger volumes of laundry at once.
- Wall Mounting, Upside Down – Save space by mounting your dryer on the wall or even upside down on your washing machine, without hampering the drying cycles.
- Care for Colours – The sun’s UV rays fades fabric colours. However, the IFB 100% Clothes Dryer does not fade the colours of your clothes, keeping them looking as good as new for longer.
- Allergy Free – The dryer removes lint and hair from your clothes while drying. This result in fresh, clean, lint-free clothes that help prevent allergies.
- Great build quality
- 5.5 Kg space
- Fast drying
- Energy efficient
- 4 years warranty
- Post-purchase service is low
- Little problem with the timer
2. Bosch 8 kg/5 kg Washer Dryer Review
Bosch washer dryers comes with a large LED display for programme status indication, temperature selection, maximum spin speed, remaining time, 24 hours end time delay and load recommendation, Special Programmes: Mixture, rapid 15 minutes, cold, standard cold of 40 degree Celsius and drying option for special programmes washing, Dutronic moisture sensor, wash and dry programme 60 minutes and eco perfect and still there is more than meet the eyes.
Good god look at the amount of bold words in the last paragraph. That's how much loaded the clothes dryer is.
- Fully-automatic front-loading washing machine
- Capacity 8 kg: Suitable for large families
Why we recommend it?
- Active Water Plus – with 256 load sensing levels, Active Water Plus automatically adjusts the water level by sensing the laundry weight and fabric.
- Anti-vibration Design- Reduces vibrations and ensures greater stability.
- Eco Silence Drive Motor – It comes with a brush-less motor which reduces friction and gives you a silent washing experience.
- Speed Perfect – Reduces wash time by upto 65%. Get more time to enjoy things you love.
- Duo Tronic – This dryer is clever. It detects the moisture and regulates the heat accordingly. When your clothes are perfectly dry, it senses it and stops the drying process. It also selects the optimum temperature and drying cycle so as not to damage any of your fabrics.
- Child Lock – Enables to lock all the keys to prevent setting from being changed by a child.
- Low Water Pressure – Capable of working on low water pressure of 0.3 bars, making it ideal for places where water pressure is an issue.
- Reload Function – It allows you to open the door early in the cycle to add or remove the items easily.
- Full-automatic machine
- Washing machine and dryer
- 8 Kg of washing capacity
- 5 Kg of drying capacity
- Large LED display
- Inbuilt water heater
- Anti-vibration design
- Strong build quality
- There might be little moist at times
- Drying takes a little longer
3. LG 10.5 Kg / 7.0 Kg Inverter Wi-Fi Washer Dryer Review
LG is simply the best! Select a wash program and 6 Motion Direct Drive technology moves the wash drum in multiple directions, giving fabrics the proper care while getting clothes ultra clean. LG's Washer Dryers are nothing less than the LG Washing Machines in terms of quality and this is another of our leading appliance technologies. Save space in your home and make more room for your family.
LG Washer Dryer means you don’t need to buy a separate dryer but still get your clothes sparkling clean and dry, too. The new full touch control boasts a seamless and sleek design that brings a touch of sophistication to the home. Each model in the lineup offers a full touch control panel angled for maximum visibility.
- Washer Dryers: Premium washing machine with best-in-class drying which is better than dryer of front-loader
- Total capacity: 10.5 kg/ 7 kg (washing/drying): Suitable for families with 5 to 7 members | Twin wash compatible
Why we recommend it?
- Less Vibration, Less Noise – The direct drive motor that powers our washing machines is super reliable and really quiet. We know it is one of the best wash machine motors on the market, which is why all our machines come with a standard 10-year warranty on the motor and parts.
- Optimal Wash for Fabrics with 6 Motion DD- Select a wash program and 6 Motion Direct Drive technology moves the wash drum in multiple directions, giving fabrics the proper care while getting clothes ultra clean.
- Washer and Dryer in One – LG's Washer Dryer is another of our leading appliance technologies. Save space in your home and make more room for your family. LG Washer Dryer means you don’t need to buy a separate dryer but still get your clothes sparkling clean and dry, too.
- Smart Diagnosis – LG's smart diagnosis is a fast and easy way to troubleshoot issues without having to call a technician.
- Full Touch Control – New full touch control boast a seamless and sleek design that brings a touch of sophistication to the home. Each model in the lineup offers a full touch control panel angled for maximum visibility.
- Washing machine cum dryer
- 10.5 Kg of washing capacity
- 7 kg dryer capacity
- Built in heater
- Waterproof touch panel
- Steam wash
Being smart consumers never ever compromise the quality of kitchen appliances like Dryer you buy because of the money. We have identified both the best as well as the most budget-friendly product from which you can get the best bang for your buck. If you are having a hard time finding one, we have identified a good option for you.
This is our personal recommendation:
Bosch 8 kg/5 kg Washer Dryer is a worthwhile, performance oriented and a reasonable product. It is also tough and has a well-engineered design that will help you offer cleaning solutions for years to come.
Advantages Of Having A Cloth Dryer
A purchase can be tricky if you have not already done quite a research on it. Yes, while doing research may sound awkward, you are, after all, doing that now. We appreciate you looking for options rather than buying just anything. The very first question that we ask ourselves before buying any appliance is whether we can do it ourselves. After all, you have every right to save your hard-earned money. But what makes us buy a device even after our capability of doing the task is- lack of time. The busy modern days have made us run throughout the day. And we find ourselves lacking energy at the end. So, even after we can wash and dry our clothes on our own, buying a device seems more convenient and time-saving.
It is, indeed, one of the primary reasons why we buy appliances. But it is not the only one. So, if anything is stopping you from making this purchase-a doubt or more questions-our the team has jotted down some of the advantages of having a cloth dryer in your home. We hope these points will help you to clear your head and think reasonably. But make sure you purchase the right one by following the buyer's guide.
Use It Whenever You Want
One of the best parts about having a cloth dryer is that, with this, you choose what you want to dry and when. Drying is one thing that we can never do naturally during rainy or cloudy days. But with a dryer at your home, you can simply pour the wet clothes in it and let them dry, regardless of the weather outside.
After washing your clothes if you leave them dry under the sun naturally, it will take time. And when there is only you in your home who needs to go for some work or office, you either have to leave those or bring them in. Now, what if suddenly rain comes from nowhere? Nevertheless, the natural drying process demands time. A cloth dryer will be a convenient option for those who hardly spend any time at home. You can, thus, wash your clothes and have them dried before leaving your home.
Prevents Mold Build-Up
One of the cons of air-drying your clothes is that the moisture seeps into the air inside your household and can make it damp. So, there is relatively a higher chance of growth of mold that can prove hazardous for health. On the other hand, a dryer vents out moisture or drains it off by condensing it.
Ready To Wear
Suppose you have an interview or a party to attend. And the shirt or dress you wanted to wear is still wet. So, you have to either wait for it to dry or pick another choice. It is a scenario without a dryer. Now, if you have a dryer at your home, you will get dry clothes instantly after washing them. So, with a dryer, you always get your dress ready to wear.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Should I do maintenance on my clothes dryer?
Yes, of course! You should clean the duct and the lint trap regularly.
2. How long does a good clothes dryer last?
Pretty long! They will last more than a decade. You should do maintenance to extend their lifespan.
3. How do I know if I need to replace the clothes dryer?
Look out for obvious signs such as your clothes becoming too hot to the point of getting burnt. Or, to the contrary, it could be taking too long to heat up the clothes. Another red flags could be, for example, the vent hood flap not opening properly.
A Final Word
Did any of you wonder why we talked about as much as washing machines as we did of the best clothes dryers? That's because you two of the three products we listed serve both categories! In other words, they are both washing machines AND clothes dryers – hence the name washer dryers.
Last updated on 2022-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API