Everybody wants to cherish the memories that they keep in store either physically in the form of developed photos, DVDs, pen drives, etc. But, these storage methods are either vulnerable to physical damage or are unable to provide you with enough space to keep those pictures, videos, and stories for a really long period of time. Further, storing the data into multiple pen drives, DVDs, and CDs might be really hectic and time taking, which makes it an undesirable situation.
Therefore, today we have come up with the Best 1 TB External Hard Disks, which are going to help you find an appropriate and easy manner to store your memories in a single place devoid of any hassle or problem. All the external hard disks that we have listed down in our review have been equipped with the USB 3.0 ports so as to facilitate a faster data transfer in an effective manner. Further, you may make distinct folders for different kinds of data so that the access to the required data is easier and faster.
So, go through our external hard disk reviews and catch hold of the best one as per your requirements, needs, and preference.
Best 1 TB External Hard Disk Reviews
There might be a lot of methodologies but none might be as secure or fast like the WD My Passport Portable Hard Disk. This external hard drive has been really reliable and trustworthy to store the enormous volumes of videos, photos, and music that would like to save for future and the ones you really love. The WD My Passport 1 TB External Portable Hard Drives are available in a wide variety of pulsating and cool colors. The smooth style and design fits pretty securely within your hand’s palm, so you might effortlessly take your valued content in all places you move.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Provides the facility of automatic backup through WD software
- Offers you password protection through the hardware encryption
- Pretty stress-free and ready to use once taken out of the packing
- Comes with a bold and vibrant design in a wide variety of colors
- Equipped with the USB 3.0 port and is further USB 2.0 compatible
Find out one among the stress-free methods to enhance the storage to your PC or laptop with the Canvio Basics portable hard disk from Toshiba, providing you with one among the humblest storage results straight from the box itself. The Canvio Basics provides you with the required ease of usage that is simply plug and play devoid of the requirement to install any software. So, just connect it to the USB dock of your computer or laptop and do all what you want to. For the people who desire easy, operational drag-and-drop storing to achieve their budding digital library, this is a good way out.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Provides with the faster data transfer speeds with USB 3.0
- Covered with a 3-years limited warranty for after-sales service
- Comes with an inbuilt internal shock sensor for utmost protection
- Offers you the modest add-on storage inside a box for convenience
- Allows you to take your important data with you anywhere
The Transcend's StoreJet 25M3 1 TB portable external hard disk syndicates the benefits of Transcend's high-quality shock-resilient StoreJet M series along with the ground-breaking SuperSpeed data transfer rates owing to the USB 3.0 support, permitting the users to revel in extreme-fast data transfers and the uppermost level of anti-shock security. In addition to its exceptional grouping of super-fast transmission rates and more-rugged shock-resilient outline, the StoreJet 25M3 incorporates an exceptionally suitable one-touch auto-backup switch.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Provides with a connection bandwidth of up to 5GB per second
- Compliant to SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and also compatible with USB 2.0
- Comprises of an anti-shock rubber outer case to avoid any damage
- Covered by a 3-years limited manufacturer’s warranty for after-sales
- Comes with a one-touch auto back-up button for further convenience
With the outstanding and impressive Seagate STEA expansion portable hard disk for the storage movies, files, videos, TV shows, pictures, games, etc. The hard disk has been equipped with the cutting-edge OS like Mac OS, Windows, Linux, etc. The hard disks might be utilized to stock abundant data or files from your PC or laptop or to make some space for the regular files on the PC. You might further organize your files with ease making use of the Seagate STEA 1 TB portable hard drive. This hard disk is compliant with the USB 3.0 along with the USB 2.0 mechanism and doesn’t require any power source.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Compatible with contemporary OS such as Windows and Mac OS
- A really stylish and elegantly designed 1 TB portable external hard disk
- Provides you with much faster file or data transfers through USB 3.0
- Works on the plug and play mechanism and no software required
- Offers an effective storage on the go that is ready to use effortlessly
HP or Hewlett-Packard is an IT company that deals in a variety of hardware as well as software solutions to meet the need of its customers in really effective and efficient manner. The HP K6A93AA 1TB External Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive from the house of HP provides you with an abundant storage space that is going to help you store your valuable data or information in a secure manner. Further, with the USB 3.0 compatibility, the data transfer that this portable external hard disk facilitates is really quick. Apart from that, being a portable storage solution, this provides you the storage on the go.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Provides you with the easy plug and play performance to the user
- The hard drive is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 PC ports
- Offers a backup of multiple PCs or laptops within a short duration
- Helps you to organize the overall data in a really consolidated manner
- Covered by a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty for after-sales
Since now we have provided you with the analysis and the reviews of every single 1 TB External Hard Disk that we had listed above, it is going to be really easy and effortless for our users to select one that abides their needs and requirements. All the external hard drives that we have delivered above provide you with the USB 3.0 support that offers faster data transfer rates. Further, all these external hard disks have been designed in such a manner that they are going to match with your laptops and other devices.
But, in case, there still are a few customers who aren’t able to find the best external disk that would cater to their requirements, then they must readily go with our personally suggested portable external hard disk. The 1TB external hard disk that we are going to recommend to our customers is the WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive, which I have been personally using for the last 3 years.
This 1 TB portable external hard disk is the one which is going to cater to all your needs and requirements with a whole lot of ease and further provides you with the back support through the WD backup software. Faster data transfer with the USB 3.0 further makes it a really desirable product.
What are the Advantages of Using a Portable External Hard Disk?
There are several advantages to be had if you buy an external hard disk. A few benefits have been listed down below:
Owing to the popularity of the viruses on the Internet, worms, and hackers, several users are cautious of trusting solely the internal or inbuilt hard drive. The portable hard disk permits the users to store or back up the data away from the central inbuilt hard disk, protected from being compromised by the offline or online doings. Whilst being online, the users might as well select to keep the external hard disk switched off.
The external hard disks might offer a lot of space, releasing a lot of storage on the primary computing device. Through volumes of above 1 TB, the portable external hard drives permit an even superior storing volume for your digital media for instance music, photos, and home shows. You might be able to store complete virtual workplaces on the external hard drives.
Frequently no bigger as compared to the size of a shoebox of a kid, every single external hard disk is portable to a particular degree. Portable hard drives permit the users to safely store data in a single place so that they may share it with the other users or move the files to one more computer with a really modest plug-and-play working.
The external hard disks function on the plug-and-play working. Several portable hard drives comprise of both Firewire and USB, which permits for common connectivity with both Mac and Windows PC. Every system having this type of capability is going to distinguish the external hard drive spontaneously and allocate it a letter to entitle it. Make sure that you verify this proficiency before your buy one.
Extra Safety Features
One more benefit of portable external hard drives is that a few portable hard drives offer the added safety features such as the combined fingerprint reader. This is particularly valuable for sensitive official papers. The users might be able to defend their files against unlawful users from utilizing the hard drive even though the illegal user transfers the drive to a laptop that might not possess the utility software set up. In this fashion, even though the hard disk is misplaces, the users might not get the access to those documents.
- 1 Best 1 TB External Hard Disk Reviews
- 2 WD My Passport 1TB Portable External Hard Drive
- 3 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 4 Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
- 5 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 6 Transcend StoreJet 25M3 1TB Portable External Hard Drive
- 7 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 8 Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable Hard Drive
- 9 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 10 HP K6A93AA 1TB External Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive
- 11 Why Do We Recommend This:
- 12 Personal Recommendation
- 13 What are the Advantages of Using a Portable External Hard Disk?
- 14 Online Security
- 15 Supplementary Storage
- 16 Portability
- 17 Plug-And-Play
- 18 Extra Safety Features